Caribou Gear

Some Lobster Pictures...

William Christy

Dinky buck for April in Montana. Crappy pictures from video through a spotting scope.

lobster1.jpg

lobster4.jpg

lobster6.jpg

lobster7.jpg

lobster8.jpg

lobster10.jpg

lobster12.jpg

lobster13.jpg

Elkgunner, I don't know, he's got really good mass and being that it's only mid-April, he should grow below the prong at least another inch. I've asked a lot of folks about this, and from the looks of the other lopes they are all short below the prong still, and have a bit to grow. This one should be a real stud in 6-8 weeks, if he grows at all. Our weather has been perfect and I expect them to do well. I'm pretty sure he will be a very good scoring buck, but you never know until you kill them and find out. I hope to be so lucky. He's a tanker of a buck. He was with 2 other average bucks and was lots bigger in body and head size. I've lost a lot of bets on antelope scores, but I'd be willing to bet he will net score over 82 when he's done growing.

That's awesome! Glad you posted those. His mass looks really good below the prong. Above the prong looks average. His prongs are good. He's short, but it is April. The bucks here in Arizona have around 2 inches to grow and I'd expect that it isn't much different in Montana. I think he's around 80 4/8 right now. If he grows 2 inches by season time he could be pushin' 84. I hope I'm wrong. I hope he's bigger. I always hope they're bigger.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-30-2003 23:27: Message edited by: Omen ]</font>

That's a sweet looking buck Greeny. I've seen a couple here that should be good come season, just have to draw the tag.......

I actually saw a massive and tall but very narrow buck just of 2 up outta Dodson a week ago. Tallest buck I've ever seen, but I really haven't seen many.

I saw a pretty little buck on the res just north of Wolf Point Greeny, I guess they are pretty darn scarce there on the res.

Hope ya get the Lobster dude!

I'm guesing after this wekend we'll see another Picture..MAybe it's even a bit bigger now !!!! Call it a hunch, but a birdy told me today....
wink.gif

He's looking gooooooddddd. Might be a year to bag elk hunting until I get an antelope...

He's already bigger than any I've taken, and he's got up to two months left to potentially grow even more..

L7.jpg

L17.jpg

L14.jpg

L22.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 05-18-2003 16:00: Message edited by: Greenhorn ]</font>

Back