Yeti GOBOX Collection

Solo targets

Addicting

Just posting this out there as a review to anyone considering purchasing from solotargets.com. They have a good product but thier customer service sucks.

The site is legit and I ordered a Pronghorn target to get the wife ready for this year. My card showed up as a purchase out of Hong Kong. Emails to them go unanswered and the phone number never gets answered. After several attempt I and threatening to dispute the transaction I finally got a email with a tracking number.

Last edited:
Dang that sucks!

Not defending these guys as they should respond but how long has it been since ordered? My Ebay experience with Hong Kong orders is a minimum of 3 weeks to ship and clear customs.

I've ordered stuff from Amazon where the retailer is chinese based. I've had stuff take several months to arrive. I try to only buy things now that are not third party sellers.

Funny after posting this I finally got emails from them. 3 to be more specific. Now I have a tracking number. I edited the original post and will let you know when it shows up.

I started just using a projector to make lifesize targets out of cardboard.

That sucks about solo targets, was curious about them.

I started just using a projector to make lifesize targets out of cardboard.

That sucks about solo targets, was curious about them.

I will keep you posted on the results. I really like the idea of the product for new shooters.

My wife is really concerned with shooting a animal. I think by practicing this summer on a look alike it will make it easier on her this fall.

Update: It’s been 2.5 days since I got a tracking number. The product still hasn’t shipped. They only went on and created a label. Sent an email this morning.

Last edited:
Good to know. You might reach out to them on social media platforms. Their manufacturing partner is obviously dropping the ball.

Their FB page has some very good reviews on it. Surprised it’s turning out like this. I left them a review, we will see if that gets it rectified.

Unfortunate it had to go this far. Just got this email:

First of all, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the situation. One of the top priorities of this company has been the customer service and based on the events you described in the review, we did not meet this goal. I want to assure you that your comments will be used to improve our failures and to work harder.
I want to let you know that the package is in transit since yesterday, and delivery is scheduled for Thursday 04/04/19.
As a way to showing you our appreciation as a customer and as a way to say sorry, we will send you the limited edition “Bulldozer Joe” whitetail Skin for free, and ask you to allow us another opportunity to serve you and earn your trust again.

Ok, update:

It showed up today and looks pretty good. It’s a hair bigger than a real antelope but won’t be noticed at the rifle range. The plan is to use this as a template and add a plywood backer to it so it can stand on its own. Then we will move a 10” x 16” metal gong behind the vitals to let us know if she makes a kill shot. I plan on moving it around the farm while she is at work so she has different yardages and angles when she gets home. That should get her use to using the range finder and learning shot placement.

Attachments

• 8A53B693-65F3-445A-9A4F-D017CA2C384A.jpeg
    8A53B693-65F3-445A-9A4F-D017CA2C384A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 5D4EBB84-147C-46D7-BDE4-CEBF8B4150C5.jpeg
    5D4EBB84-147C-46D7-BDE4-CEBF8B4150C5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 9033DFBA-B59C-4EC5-AF98-6AF1B4ACB216.jpeg
    9033DFBA-B59C-4EC5-AF98-6AF1B4ACB216.jpeg
    934.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 35F5753B-2450-492C-A18F-CA6F73647C04.jpeg
    35F5753B-2450-492C-A18F-CA6F73647C04.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 13
Looks good. Too bad you had to put up the runaround. As a suggestion, I'd move that steel target back a bit. Bullets exploding on those make a pretty big mess of the surroundings though I supposed the plywood stand would absorb most of the impact.

Looks good. Too bad you had to put up the runaround. As a suggestion, I'd move that steel target back a bit. Bullets exploding on those make a pretty big mess of the surroundings though I supposed the plywood stand would absorb most of the impact.

I was thinking I would use 1/4” plywood with heavy legs I can stake down. I already made a free standing steel stand to hang the gong off from. I can place the target 8-12” away to minimize damage. I will post a pic of it all set up if the weather is nice this weekend.

Ok, update:

It showed up today and looks pretty good. It’s a hair bigger than a real antelope but won’t be noticed at the rifle range. The plan is to use this as a template and add a plywood backer to it so it can stand on its own. Then we will move a 10” x 16” metal gong behind the vitals to let us know if she makes a kill shot. I plan on moving it around the farm while she is at work so she has different yardages and angles when she gets home. That should get her use to using the range finder and learning shot placement.

That sounds like an interesting and fun way to work on improving someone's ranging and shooting skills for a hunting application. I would certainly enjoy it.

Looks good. You may want to use 7/16 or 3/8..I think 1/4 would be too flimsy. That corrugated plastic may add quite a bit of stability though. Your call. On my plywood targets I used shoot n c targets on the vitals and painted over the top of them. You're onto something getting her used to shooting at "fur" before hand.

I had a package show up today. The company wanted to make it right on their own and sent me this Grizz target with a extra cut out today. So my overall thought on them is good. I would buy again with confidence from them. Just know that it will take a long time and your bank may have a issue with the charge from Hong Kong.

Last edited:
Well finally finished this project up. Now to see how well it works. Hopefully with enough practice at it this summer she has the confidence to take one this fall. 104705
C35B0437-C684-4854-BB74-4C4C0D5E524B.jpeg92C01A30-D118-4209-A270-7D53CD742B28.jpeg

If anyone is considering this it cost me a little over $125. That is mainly the gong, the target, 2’ of chain, two cheap shepherds hooks for the feet, and a scrap piece of 3/8 plywood. Rest of it was stuff I had left here at the house from other projects.

I want to say when I ordered my solo elk target the shipping is what took the longest to receive. I like the thought you've put together to shoot at life size animals!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back