Solo Montana Spring Bear Success

neilmoore406

Not many days to hunt this season. From a 6 day solo trip to a blitz 2-day trip from WY to MT, here is my season. Forever DIY and public land, usually solo, and always for the delicious meat. So pumped to be well fed this summer. My second Montana bear and I couldn't be more stoked.

I understand now why people say "bear season = best season". From moose and elk sheds to wildflowers to stalking one of the coolest animals in the west. Only bummer were the 89 ticks I pulled off myself but that's just part of the game. Below is my video. It's a little long (9 minutes) but I wanted to tell the whole story. You can find the link to my 2017 spring bear video in my youtube channel.

[video=youtube;6klRMrGVao8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6klRMrGVao8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks for watching and I wish everyone else luck on their hunting escapades.

-Neil

Nice work! Treat your clothing and gear with permethrin and ticks will no longer be a part of the game. They are nothing to mess around with.

Congrats on a nice bear. Glad you had a good time.

Hopefully you knew what was on the other side of him since he was skylined. No animal is worth risking the lives of others. Congrats again.

Very cool. I remember your video from last year being badass as well. I’m already looking forward to bear camp 2019-hope to have some success myself exploring around the Yaak Area.

Great hunt! Your passion shows in your videos. I plan on doing this hunt with my father in the near future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back