SOLD Tikka Prefit 280 Ackley Barrel

nhenry

I have a #1 sporter Preferred Barrel Blanks 280 Ackley Improved (SAAMI chambering) barrel for sale. 1:8” twist. Has 1:16” spiral fluting. 24” long

The thing weighs 2.8 lbs.

From brass count, it has around 100 rounds through it.

I have recipes it likes if you don’t want to mess with load development on your own.

It’s a good barrel, I’m just building a new 280 ai on a different platform.

$300 to your door. Open to offers though.

SOLD
65A2E10A-3708-4E48-927E-A39E2D9F4280.jpeg
71B80281-2165-4931-A66F-202CC06C3F97.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a #1 sporter Preferred Barrel Blanks 280 Ackley Improved (SAAMI chambering) barrel for sale. 1:8” twist. Has 1:16” spiral fluting.

The thing weighs 2.8 lbs.

From brass count, it has around 100 rounds through it.

I have recipes it likes if you don’t want to mess with load development on your own.

It’s a good barrel, I’m just building a new 280 ai on a different platform.

$300 to your door. Open to offers though.
length?

Oops. 24”. I knew I forgot something. Added it to the description
The perfect length for a 280Ai. Looks like a winner. Unfortunately, my 280AI slot is booked and I am working on a 7x57AI 18" for a suppressed lightweight build. But looks like some lucky guy/gal will be able to grab a barrel without waiting 6-9 months that many shops are running.

The perfect length for a 280Ai. Looks like a winner. Unfortunately, my 280AI slot is booked and I am working on a 7x57AI 18" for a suppressed lightweight build. But looks like some lucky guy/gal will be able to grab a barrel without waiting 6-9 months that many shops are running.
I just placed an order for a Proof sendero light 24” 1:8” blank to be put onto a 700LH build. Should be a good mountain rifle. Not that there was anything wrong with my 280 Tikka. It was still under 8 lbs altogether. With the 25-06 barrel it’s still 8 lbs

I honestly expected this to fly like a bat outta hell.
I think current enthusiasm for PRC family of cartridges and the need for fewer pencil-thin barrels due to interest in suppressors hurts an item like this. Also, feels like 280AI is getting squeezed in the 7mm arena by an uptick in interest in 7SAUM and the 284win family.

I think current enthusiasm for PRC family of cartridges and the need for fewer pencil-thin barrels due to interest in suppressors hurts an item like this. Also, feels like 280AI is getting squeezed in the 7mm arena by an uptick in interest in 7SAUM and the 284win family.
I'm sure someone over on Rokslide would like it

Also the 280 ackley is hamstringed in a tikka action if you are wanting to run heavier weight bullets or monos

Back