So you wanna move to Denver?

All the boomers retiring to the mountain west are going to be pretty bummed when all the restaurants, shops, and other services are closed - many of which already are, or have reduced hours at the least - because would-be labor can neither afford to purchase a home nor, thanks to airbnb's, find a place to rent.
This statement is spot on, especially Airbnb ruining the economies of small mountain towns. People are buying up properties to have short term rentals pay their mortgages instead of that property serving as a primary residence or reasonably priced long term rental for locals to live in. Small communities are very slow in realizing this reality and adjusting regulations accordingly.

Last edited:
All I can say is I didn't leave CO for Iowa because I enjoy watching corn grow...
70% reduction in living expenses + 20% pay bump= more financial freedom to do whatever I want.

The whole state of CO is tough to swing for people just starting out there. The front range has good paying jobs, but usually not enough to afford safe, family friendly housing. Our rent in Littleton was almost $3k/mo. The Western Slope has more affordable housing, but that is changing quick. Good jobs were hard to come by as well.

As with most issues our country currently faces, there is just to damn many people.

I wish I could somehow magically move my house there and sell it. I could retire comfortably. Those prices are insane.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back