Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Snowmobiles rescued in A-B Wilderness.

I’m a big fan of learning by natural consequences. This would never happen, but I wish they would have dropped a guide and supplies for everyone and made them walk all the way out to their trucks.

Ok maybe that’s too harsh. Make them walk all the way to the wilderness boundary.
Or tell them the search and rescue team has to obey the wilderness laws as well, so hold tight, at team with horses will be in late spring.

Reading chit like this kind of makes my blood boil.

That said, it is an opportunity to point out that those who rescued these bastards, and who rescue others in that country and sometimes rescue the dead, are just normal citizens, probably missing their kids birthdays, volunteering their time, and risking their health because of the stupidity of their fellow human beings. No doubt they live for it.

I admire Search and Rescue folks, and Park County Search and Rescue gets after it.

People are taking snowmobiles into Wilderness areas every weekend. Obviously the penalty for getting caught is not a deterrent. The minimum should be that the equipment involved should be confiscated. Of course, the same thing should apply to drunk driving, the car should be confiscated on first offense, then maybe we wouldn't see people getting charged for the sixth time.

Morons from my state, how embarrassing😒. Please don't judge.
Wish we could have left them out there.

Back