Snow Shoes

inthemud

I work with the scouts here in Utah. Our troop wants to build some snow shoes. I was wondering if any of you very helpful people would have any ideas for me.

Thankyou in advance,
Lex

Thanks Wilecoyote76! I appreciate the effort we have the pattern that was on one of the sites. I was just wondering if anybody had on that they had personally used. I really appreciate the effort!!!!!!!
smile.gif
We are starting on them next week. Wish me luck
LEX

Wow you guys are ambitious! I don't have any helpful tips, but I sure would like to see the finished product. Any chance you could post some pictures for us?

Hey Inthemud; instead of building a patterned snowshoe, have you considered letting the scouts design their own? If they can apply the learned aspects of weight dispersion, size, economy of motion, etc, etc, they may very well learn somtehing other than following instructions. Never too young to begin to learn things like leadership, teamwork, decision making etc! Just a thought in passing.
smile.gif

Man Paws if I only understood all of the things you listed there. I might be able to help them. We gave the scouts the option of using a proven design or making up their own. All decided if they were going to spend the money to make and use them we would go for a proven product this time and practice on something different. It is pretty cool I let the boys plan most of the activities I only provide guidence when they go overboard.
Lex

I will see if I can get some pictures when we are done. Hopefully the first week of Feb.
Lex

Cool Lex! Was looking around and found a set of instructions to make them out of pine bows as an emergency item. Pretty good stuff.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back