Snow Day

Snow day, what’s that? Doesn’t matter if it’s a blizzard or 40 below, we still have to go to work and the kids still go to school in MT. I have to get up early and get in the skid steer to use the snow blower to get out some mornings.AD8C3925-41D8-4CC3-99CF-606812C95869.jpeg

Last edited:
Never Had a snow day, just different equipment.
Now, quit plowing,getting older and harder to adjust to nocturnal schedule.
Still plow my own properties, except this year. Bored 😴

Never heard of a job giving a snow day off, unless it was a Teacher.

Actually I’ve taken vacation on days the kids don’t have school due to a snow storm and take them sled riding at my parents. It ends up being quite the event and I enjoy it.

I had one snow day when I was in the 5th grade. I played in the snow, stepped on a broken wine bottle buried in the snow and cut the main artery in my left foot. Almost bled to death. Other than that, I have never had a snow day.

In interior Alaska it used to be (1970s-1990s) fed offices and schools closed if -50 degrees or colder.
Now with climate warming, they closed due to winter rains and dangerous icy roads.
I hate winter rain!

Never heard of a job giving a snow day off, unless it was a Teacher.
Uh...I think its about getting kids to school safely....and nothing to do with teachers.
That said, some states/districts have a different interpretation of safety.
Fyi...my teacher wife has never had a snow day. 35 below is the magical number. Snow/drifting has never been a factor.

I could use a snow day here in Northern Virginia so I can get some reloading done. Other than that snow days usually call for making deer chili or a gumbo and watching the dog play in the snow.

I live on the Great Plains, snow high winds, and low temps will start closing schools down, depending some govt agencies as well. Private businesses depends on the owner. When you can’t see your hand extended in front of your face it gets dangerous.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back