Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Snakes arround Steamboat.

Rooster52

My son just returned from an archery hunt around Steamboat CO. One area they hunted they saw lots of rattle snakes ,some huge.Just a warning if hunting in that area be carefull. He said in one day they saw at least 20 . No elk killed. saw elk but could not close the deal.

Very few places you find rattlers around steamboat... Mad creek and the sleeping giant have a few.... Usually south facing rocky areas... Now towards Hayden and Craig there are definitely more. They are denning up this time of year.... If you find them there are likely more...

I will talk to my son tonight at the school football game and find out where he hunted.

My son was hunting the State Trust Land North of Steamboat ,Elk Mountain area when he found lots of snakes.Two days of that was enough and moved south and east in the national forest ,no snakes there.

Wow, That surprises me. I've spent a lot of time at the Family home near Fish Creek since 1966 and never seen a rattlesnake around Steamboat. I know if you head west you will start to run into them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back