Caribou Gear Tarp

Snack stick FYI

I only stuff my salami rolls with my grinder. I can get just the right amount added at a slow pace to fill the casing where I want it. Everything else goes in the crank stuffer for volume and speed.

I tried using the grinder as a stuffer a couple weekends ago to make a small batch of breakfast sausage, got lazy and didn't want to use my big stuffer because I didn't want to wash it, what a pain in the rear! Never again...

I need a stuffer.

I’ve done 5-6 batches with the grinder making both brats and snack sticks over the years, both sheep casings & collagen. Funny story- This last run- last weekend, a silicone washer between the auger and the little plastic driving cog/gear thing, got separated and sucked into the grinder and into the grinded meat. You couldn’t hear or see or feel a difference until you pull it off to clean the parts between grinding and stuffing. Found one little piece of silicone chunk and knew right away what it was from. Pulled the auger off and sure enough……. DAMNIT!

Still stuffed and smoked em I’m not gonna lie. lol but without that silicone washer, when stuffing the casings it allowed meat and moisture back into the motor of the LEM grinder. Ruined. 😒

I need a stuffer.

I’ve done 5-6 batches with the grinder making both brats and snack sticks over the years, both sheep casings & collagen. Funny story- This last run- last weekend, a silicone washer between the auger and the little plastic driving cog/gear thing, got separated and sucked into the grinder and into the grinded meat. You couldn’t hear or see or feel a difference until you pull it off to clean the parts between grinding and stuffing. Found one little piece of silicone chunk and knew right away what it was from. Pulled the auger off and sure enough……. DAMNIT!

Still stuffed and smoked em I’m not gonna lie. lol but without that silicone washer, when stuffing the casings it allowed meat and moisture back into the motor of the LEM grinder. Ruined. 😒
Ouch. Even if you get a little 5lb hand crank stuffer it helps. Check marketplace or something for a used grinder.

I used my grinder before my wife bought me the stuffer.
The grinder worked, but the stuffer is faster, easier to control the volume you’re stuffing, has a smoother flow and is just a better way to stuff casings, in my opinion.
Agreed. I thought there was somethi g special about the one you posted. I have an LEM 5lb stuffer that does ok.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back