Smacked One 4x4

kirkl

Yep, smacked a 18 inch wide 4x4 sunday morning, was there at first light and just glassed and saw 2 bucks about 450 yards away but there was a stiff cross wind and they bedded down and we slide down on our butts to the bottom of the hill and i snuck within 25 yards and shot him in his bed. Hes my best mulie ive ever taken. Pics to follow when i get the film developed.

Congrats, that has to make sliding around on your butt for 425 yards all worth it.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Hope I'm that lucky this year.
smile.gif

Actually we only had to slide about 75 yards to the bottom of the hill then we got into a dip that kind of went slighlty up hill to the buck who was bedded in a small coulee on the other side so i just snuck up over the top and boom.

Kirk,

Nice job! Bring on the pics!! The guy I was with in the Quinault ended up shooting a 4x5 bull the 8th day. It was tough hunting due to the lack of park bulls in the area. Heck, I bugled up a nice 5 pt opening day and had him pass! Oh well, we had a great hunt. He topped off the hunt by capping off on a 300 + lb bear in the middle of the river so he can't hardly complain.

Good going you dirty dog...lol I still have 4 days to go before our season starts here.Checked out your websight and I was very impressed.Also,the big bull you killed was awsome...god bless and take care...Doug

Congrats Kirk. That would explain why we didnt see you at our camp. lol. Well, none of us guys were lucky. We were in the Dipping Vat, Cow Canyon, and Jones. And all in between. Saw several Doe and some small 2x2, One with a big maybe 3rd. But it was wisely passed on. Not sure if we will make it back there before Elk Camp. Maybe just run up to Evergreen.

There were a couple of nice bucks taken up where we were, And a few Spike were seen.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back