Slim Fit Pants?

WBouldin

Going to get crushed for this, but anybody know of slim cut hunting pants? My waist to leg ratio is all sorts of wrong so most pants are really baggy around the knee and ankle. Fine with gaiters but without they just make so much noise rubbing together. I typically wear a 36x32 so it’s feels like there should be something out there that works. I’ve tried FL, SITKA, Stone Glacier, and Prana all to no avail all too baggy. The only thing that truly works are these $30 wranglers. Problem is they don’t last a season so constantly buying new pairs. Would like to find something a little more durable if possible. Any suggestions?

Some Rab softshell pants have a slim cut.
Edited: I just reread your post and see the issue is knee/ankle more than hip/thigh

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to get crushed for this, but anybody know of slim cut hunting pants? My waist to leg ratio is all sorts of wrong so most pants are really baggy around the knee and ankle. Fine with gaiters but without they just make so much noise rubbing together. I typically wear a 36x32 so it’s feels like there should be something out there that works. I’ve tried FL, SITKA, Stone Glacier, and Prana all to no avail all too baggy. The only thing that truly works are these $30 wranglers. Problem is they don’t last a season so constantly buying new pairs. Would like to find something a little more durable if possible. Any suggestions?

You're right, those Wrangler pants are crap. How are you for Wrangler regular fit blue jeans? I'm not much help because I kinda have the opposite issues: thick muscular legs and normal waist size (6'1" and 33" waist with 32" to 34" inseam, depending on manufacturer). I have difficulty finding pants with legs wide enough, for my calves especially.

Look into eddie bauer, they have a guide pant that is good. I believe they have a slim version.

I was gonna say stone glacier dehavlid but if those are too baggy not sure how to help. Those are the slimmest I have used by far.
I had heard the same so ordered some and their waist size was so off I ended up needing a bigger size that led to a parachute effect.

I had heard the same so ordered some and their waist size was so off I ended up needing a bigger size that led to a parachute effect.
You know the waste is adjustable about 3-4” in those pants right?

I hear you man, I don’t like anything that feels like bell bottoms- ordered Prana Zions and EB Ascents and returned them both, the billowy legs would have driven me nuts. I wound up with Kuhl Radikls and really like them.

Try a soft wool pant if your concern is noise. I have Ibex wool pants and they are very quiet, but also loose fitting. Army/Navy surplus, if they are still available, the Navy button up wool pants were very comfortable and quiet.

I may end up getting some sitkas and just taking them to a tailor. Just typing that sounds ridiculous lol but I love their material the most
Was about to recommend that. I think, most hunting pants are pretty basic and therefore would be easy and relatively cheap to alter.

Between Sitka/Kuiu/and FL my Sitka pants are definitely the slimmest cut, although even within brands the each model of pant seems to fit different. My Kuiu attack pants are not near as baggy as my guide pants and the Sitka ascent are tighter than the timberline.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back