Slim Fit Pants?

Onto page 2 and no one has recommend Lululemon!? They even come with matching handbags people!!!

Which Sitka pants have you tried? They have several different cuts. Their timberline pants are tight on my calves while their lighter weight pants are not.

Am I the only one having trouble with this concept of loose legged pants somehow being disadvantageous when hunting? I have been hunting hard in adverse conditions for almost sixty years and tight fitting pants are the LAST thing I want over my legs. They can be binding unless made of some stretchy synthetic stuff which is invariably cold material. They get wet or covered with snow and they're definitely colder because the wet material sticks to skin more. In the wind they're colder because there's little insulating air barrier between pants and skin. In bristly brush loose fitting pantlegs are definitely advantageous. Less prickling gets through. Yes, heavy canvas or upland style pants MAY be slightly noisier, especially if frozen in subzero weather but I don't know many people besides myself who are crazy enough to stalk game in those conditions. Anyway, then it's time to pull on an extra baggy layer of wool or fleece. I can't understand where all this noise would be coming from hiking in a pair of normal cotton pants like jeans. Not like they're corduroys or rubber rain gear. I wear relaxed fit jeans or "stretch canvas" work pants hunting and in normal conditions have never had a problem with them making noise (covered with ice is the exception). Yeah, they aren't very fashionable by millennial standards but they're highly maneuverable, reasonably warm, quiet enough, tough, and affordable. I'm not out there to put on a fashion show.

The fjallraven line of pants look slim and have good reviews. Not sure how quiet they would be for hunting but my first lite pants aren’t very quiet, neither are my gaiters or my puffy jackets.

Am I the only one having trouble with this concept of loose legged pants somehow being disadvantageous when hunting? I have been hunting hard in adverse conditions for almost sixty years and tight fitting pants are the LAST thing I want over my legs. They can be binding unless made of some stretchy synthetic stuff which is invariably cold material. They get wet or covered with snow and they're definitely colder because the wet material sticks to skin more. In the wind they're colder because there's little insulating air barrier between pants and skin. In bristly brush loose fitting pantlegs are definitely advantageous. Less prickling gets through. Yes, heavy canvas or upland style pants MAY be slightly noisier, especially if frozen in subzero weather but I don't know many people besides myself who are crazy enough to stalk game in those conditions. Anyway, then it's time to pull on an extra baggy layer of wool or fleece. I can't understand where all this noise would be coming from hiking in a pair of normal cotton pants like jeans. Not like they're corduroys or rubber rain gear. I wear relaxed fit jeans or "stretch canvas" work pants hunting and in normal conditions have never had a problem with them making noise (covered with ice is the exception). Yeah, they aren't very fashionable by millennial standards but they're highly maneuverable, reasonably warm, quiet enough, tough, and affordable. I'm not out there to put on a fashion show.
You might find those fashionable millennial stretchy synthetic pants are a little more comfortable than wet cotton.

🤣lol, I know, just giving you chit!
I’ve got the opposite prob, all legs and no body. I peaked at 6’2” and was the shortest guy in my family but had the longest legs…longer than my 6’7” uncle lol. These are my current Levi’s 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 258751
:oops:

You know pants are supposed to worn 1" below the navel, not 1" below nipples, right??

Actually makes be feel a bit better, I've always thought my 32x36 was a tough find! 😅

You ever try to pull a pair of 501s up to your nipples crock? Hardly enough ass and ballroom to get to your navel as it is my friend, and your voice’d be breaking glass if you sat down! 🤣

But seriously, back to OPs original question I think I'd just go tailor route...my local tailor takes in shirts and sleeves for $20 a shirt, so adjusting pant legs can't cost more than a few bucks.

As an update to this, I recently tried a bunch of the different Sitkas and ORs to zero success. Ended up ordering Prana Stretch Zion Slim Fit IIs and Kuhl Free Radikls in the taperad cut. My normal size is a 36x32 and I ended up needing 38x32s in both as they are so slim cut, I need a little more room in the seat.

Both are great and will be keeping them both. The Prana's are a very breathable lightweight summer/Early season pant with a nice built in belt. The Kuhls have a stretch waistband and are a little thicker and likely better for later in the year / more rugged conditions.

Best part, they are each $100 a piece and often on sale for less.

Back