MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sleeping Bag/Quilt

Anyone have any reviews on the quilts from VIam outdoors? Would like to try them out, and apparently they are rated all the way to 0 degrees. Otherwise I’ve read a lot of good things on enlightened equipment quilts and stone glacier’s mummy bags.

Some very good points on this thread from quilts to pads to good ole fashioned cuddling up with your buddy, thanks for bringing that up John.

I have an enlightened quilt 20 degree that's been my go to these past few seasons I will say when I did my last sheep hunt this season it was a little chilly when it was around -5 or 0. You can get around it though by using puffy pants for a little extra and stuffing the foot box area to consume the openness. That way your feet say warmer. I am still learning about quilts but it has been one hell of a good way to shed a couple lbs. from the pack.

The stone glacier bags are pretty impressive, if I was looking at a bag though don't over look montbel they're pretty freaking sweet in the fact that they stretch are lightweight and with the stretch that alleviates the constriction of mummy bags. I am not huge but have wide shoulders so having that extra bit of stretch is really nice.

Obviously pads IMO are just as important or more, if your freezing your balls off or uncomfortable your not sleeping which takes a lot out of a day especially a multiday deal.

Unisome sleep gels help to. Especially with a glass of whiskey😁

Back