Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

SKUNKED

nmtaxi

Got skunked in AK. The air guides had to put us on a different river than we had planned because of the lack of rainfall, so there was no chance at a bou. Saw a few moose, but no legal bulls. I was their for 13 days, and floated 50 miles of river, and managed to drop about 20 pounds. It was disappointing, but I'll be back. I still have that spot on my wall for a moose.

I don't think you can go to AK and not have a good time. When I say it was disappointing, I don't mean because I didn't fill my tag. That's just hunting. The river we were suppose to be on had world class fishing, and supposedly a lot more wildlife (according to the pilots). The river we got put on (Iditarod) had horrible fishing. We only caught a few fish, and pretty much gave up on the fishing the last few days. The river was low and muddy. But I learned a lot on this trip (especially the logistics of just getting up there and back), and will hopefully put the knowledge to good use in the next few years.

Sorry to hear you didn't score, but that will make you want to get back there more than ever!
Just going to Alaska would be a dream for me...
Hope you get back soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back