Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sitka Gear Sale?

npaden

So does Sitka gear ever go on sale?

I picked up a pair of the Ascent pants in Optifade Open Country on www.camofire.com for $80 last week and am trying to find a top to match up with them.

Sounds like it was a fluke for camofire to end up with what they got and no promises that they will be getting any other Sitka gear anytime soon.

What is left that is on sale anywhere seems to be the odd sizes.

Anyway, I've been doing some searching and thought I would bring some items to others attention on some stuff I've found on sale.

http://high-mountain-outfitters.com/Sitka-Gear-Sale_c83.htm

They have some 2009 90% pants in optifade for $125 (regularly $230) in size small and 3x; 90% jacket for $160 (regularly $250) in size small.

They have a great deal on the traverse gloves regularly $50 on sale for $20 in most sizes.

They have a few other items at about a 20% discount in several sizes.

I just bought a Core Zip T from them for $58 including shipping which was 35% off.

http://www.footwearoutfitters.net/RW/ShowCat.cfm?ShowCat=62

They still have some old mountain mimicry stuff available in odd sizes. Some stuff up to 50% off, several items closer to 20% off. I've bought from these guys before and they are good guys.

http://www.lintonoutdoors.com/brands/Sitka-Gear.html?page=1&sort=featured

These guys don't have anything on sale right now but do occasionally. They also sell the Russell APXg2 stuff and sometimes will have it on sale. I've bought from them before and they seem to be good guys as well.

http://www.schnees.com/category/sitka-gear/a

They have a few items on sale, but not at huge discounts.

Anyone else know of any places that have Sitka gear on sale periodically? Is there a standard cycle where it goes on sale each winter and I need to just be patient?

I have a full set of the Russell APXg2 stuff now, I'm just looking to pick up a warm weather set of Sitka stuff to go with the Ascent pants that I picked up. The Ascent jacket looks nice, but not really wanting to pay full retail for it.

Thanks, Nathan

I have it on good word that the fire sales you have seen over the last couple years on Sitka gear will be unlikely to continue much longer. They have refined their processes much more now that the company is maturing and there won't be as much overstock as there has been in years past. My suggestion... if you see something you want at a good price -- buy it. But since you asked, you will usually see the best deals in the spring/early summer (about now) as the new line rolls out and old stock need to be cleared.

Last edited:
Okay, found a jetstream vest in my size for $99 but not sure if that is an "essential" piece for me or not.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Nathan

The Sitka closeouts are awesome. I'm about 140 dollars combined in to a pair of ascent pants, 90% jacket and a long sleeve under layer I use for archery.

The Sitka closeouts are awesome. I'm about 140 dollars combined in to a pair of ascent pants, 90% jacket and a long sleeve under layer I use for archery.

Where did you find the 90% jacket for under $140 by itself? The closeout ones that I'm seeing in the oddball sizes are still $160.

After doing some more reading it sounds like the Core Zip T that I picked up will be a useful piece of gear. If I could find a deal on the Traverse Zip T to go with it I would pretty much have what I need for early season elk hunting.

Couldn't seem to help myself today. Bought the Jetstream Vest for $99 at www.mountain-archery.com. I think it will be useful in the early mornings or if I have a prolonged sit on a windy spot.

If you see something at mountain archery that you want they are doing free shipping on sitka gear and it even works on the closeouts. Just enter sitka gear for the discount code and it will give you free shipping.

Where did you find the 90% jacket for under $140 by itself? The closeout ones that I'm seeing in the oddball sizes are still $160.

After doing some more reading it sounds like the Core Zip T that I picked up will be a useful piece of gear. If I could find a deal on the Traverse Zip T to go with it I would pretty much have what I need for early season elk hunting.

When you buy midget sizes like Randy does you can get some great deals.

I've gotten some good deals on Sitka stuff but nowhere near what Randy has.

High Mountain or Footwear Outfitters is where I've found all my stuff with the exception of Alaska Knife Works that sells on Ebay. The guy who runs the Knife Works will occassionally sell stuff at crazy low prices. Don't bet on Schnees...EVER! They have small knives for almost $800. I think Jon Edwards caters to the wealthy tourist who wants to look like he's from Montana. That said they are a cool business and support another cool hunting show...which will remain nameless.

Sportsmans warehouse clearanced all their old sitka stuff out 75% off here in Missoula. They sold probably 40 items in two hours. Luckily not too much competition for the smalls.

Of course I buy some Sitka stuff in optifade yesterday and Camofire has a new set of gear from Core4Element in Moutain Mimicry on their site today.

Pulled the trigger on camofire today and will be interesting to see how it compares.

Good thing about camofire prices is that if I decide to unload something I can usually get about what I paid for it in the classifieds.

did the same thing today npaden....camofire has definately had some good deals on stuff. I am really interested in trying on those Core4 clothes. Anyway saw that you had posted on the forum at camofire so thought I'd check on here and say hello.

Do yourself a favor and look at some of the other stuff out there. There's a couple right now i'm looking at, Kryptek and Core4Element. As much as I like Sitka gear, I don't really care for their camo patterns, though the solids do look nice but are hard to find. I've always loved the mountain mimicry camo pattern and these new guys carry it so that played a part in my decision making too.

I'm not a big Gore-Tex fan either and would much prefer something with eVent in it. I just bought the Element jacket (Core4) yesterday and it should be here on Monday or Tuesday and at $136 shipped the price was perfect. I'm still contemplating on either the Kryptek Koldo Blockage pant or the Element pant, only problem right now is most of the Kryptek isn't in stock. Check it out and decide for yourself.

http://www.kryptek.com/shop/

http://www.core4element.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back