Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Sitka Gear Investment

They are the most comfortable, highest quality clothes I own. I was surprised how nice they feel and function. I’m cheap and likely never would have bought them, but my wife and mom went in on a beanie, muffler, jetstream jacket and mountain pants for my birthday. I’m hooked

tnywragge, I think you'll be pleased with the pants if you already like the Kelvin lite jacket. I've had zero issue with durability, and they're held up really well with use. I'm just mindful not to go busting through thick brush with them, I do that instead with my mountain pants. Good luck with you're hunt!

Well, since posting this thread nearly a year ago, I couldn’t be more pleased with the performance of Sitka gear. I used the heck out of it; elk and mule deer hunting in Montana and also whitetail hunting in NJ. Used it in temps ranging from -10F to 45F and was never cold. I did buy several more pieces since, including a couple of different gloves (Merino, blizzard gtx and ascent) lighter pants (traverse), and a couple of beanies. I now pretty much use nothing but. Stuff still looks new despite the extensive use. Looking forward to using it during turkey season in a few days.

Did you add the kelvin pants to the list. The hoody was awesome addition for my whitetail hunts of it all day after a sweaty hike in. I just have timberline pants an heavy weight bottoms. Was froze out by noon and had to walk around. Now thinking of adding the pants. Do most guys run the pants under their timberline pants? Always wet here in PA.

I will add that their customer service has to be some of the best that I have come across. This past season, one of the zippers on my Timberline pants started to give me issues. I called them and explained what was going on and they said to send them in and if it was a product issue, they would replace it at no charge and if it was normal wear and tear, they would call me to discuss pricing before they fixed it. I never received a call, but I did receive a package in the mail a couple of weeks later and all of the zippers on the pants had been replaced...at no charge. I’m not for sure but I think I bought those pants back in 2014 or 15 so I was fully prepared to spend money for the fix.

I will also throw out a huge thumbs up for their incinerator bibs. I archery hunt late season ND and MN and those things keep you warm on all day sits.

tnywragge, I think you'll be pleased with the pants if you already like the Kelvin lite jacket. I've had zero issue with durability, and they're held up really well with use. I'm just mindful not to go busting through thick brush with them, I do that instead with my mountain pants. Good luck with you're hunt!
I went with the Kelvin Lite pants yesterday. Thank you for the help. 👍🏻

Thanks for posting this topic and everyones responses. I too have just started to put together my Sitka clothing package, and its very reassuring to hear all the positive feedback on the quality. I may go with First Lite base layers as they use merino wool for their line and have heard great things about that as well.

I can't figure out what pants are what. Pants for whitetail, are different than big game, are different from marsh lands. Their selection gives me a headache

I am a fan of Sitka, also UAHunt, First Lite, etc.

Don’t overlook some of the active mountain clothing as well. Eddie Bauer, The North Face, Mountain Hardware, Outdoor Research, all make excellent clothing, while they may not be camo, will function perfectly for hunting. My go to hunting pants are Eddie Bauer guide pants, and The North Face makes some awesome tops and bottoms.

I wear camo sometimes, and not camo sometimes. I shot my first bull elk with a bow wearing Eddie Bauer solids, he never knew the difference.

I can't figure out what pants are what. Pants for whitetail, are different than big game, are different from marsh lands. Their selection gives me a headache
I have the timberlines. They are awesome! If I were to go with one pair of pants; they are it. Highly durable with a water proof bottom. I used mine on my elk hunt last September walking around the mountains for a week; they still look brand new. If they tear; you can send them in for repair. Get you a pair of Gators as well. They work awesome protecting your legs against snow and water but even better against brush that would snag your lower pants. Plus they keep dirt and pollen nasty stuff off your lower legs hiking through the mountains. Highly recommend. I have outdoor research and they are 5star but any brand would work. Make sure they go upto your calves in length.

I am a fan of Sitka, also UAHunt, First Lite, etc.

Don’t overlook some of the active mountain clothing as well. Eddie Bauer, The North Face, Mountain Hardware, Outdoor Research, all make excellent clothing, while they may not be camo, will function perfectly for hunting. My go to hunting pants are Eddie Bauer guide pants, and The North Face makes some awesome tops and bottoms.

I wear camo sometimes, and not camo sometimes. I shot my first bull elk with a bow wearing Eddie Bauer solids, he never knew the difference.
This is where I'm at. I wear 5.11 pants without layers down into the 20s comfortably. I'm not sure if I would benefit from an upgrade when I'm already very comfortable hunting in the mountains with what I have I'd hate to spend the money just to try a pair out, though I'm sure they're fine pants. The high end rain gear does catch my eye. I could see where that would be a good place to spend some dough.

This is where I'm at. I wear 5.11 pants without layers down into the 20s comfortably. I'm not sure if I would benefit from an upgrade when I'm already very comfortable hunting in the mountains with what I have I'd hate to spend the money just to try a pair out, though I'm sure they're fine pants. The high end rain gear does catch my eye. I could see where that would be a good place to spend some dough.
Honestly, I agree with what your saying. I think carhart winter attic overalls are great for late season elk hunt if you have them. Gear that works and is economical is perfect. Spend your money on more hunting experiences. 👍🏻 5.11 makes some great products. I have to say, I don’t have a pair of sitka rain gear. It’s my last piece for completion but I have some old military rain gear that I had prior to becoming a hunter. It works perfect. If I ever get to Alaska here in the next 5 years; the sitka rain gear will be my big purchase for an Alaska game hunt. Until then I’ll use my cheaper option I know works. More money in my pocket to upgrade for other gear. I went with a better sleeping lightweight cot this year. I’m done wil lightweight air mattresses. They always pop sometime into my hunt and I end up sleeping on the foam and hard ground. Just a better way of spending my money. Even better yet; if my hunt is a bust one evening and I come off the mountains to switch spots I‘ll get a hotel room for 50 bucks. A shower and great sleeping for an early rise is a real rejuvenation for a mountain hunt 👍🏻😃 it’s good to plan for things like that.

You also can't beat their customer service. I accidentally burnt through the arm on a core heavyweight hoodie and sent it to them to see if they could repair. Instead, they just said it would be too hard to replace the sleave so they sent me a brand new one free of charge.

Sitka is lightweight for better comfort as old heavy gear. I gave up on my work carharts an man what a difference. Maybe other brands are close to same but having EuroOptic in town here to try stuff on an talk with the guys or even other customers with make you want to yardsale your old stuff. Sales there or on Midway are always popping up.

+1 For 5.11 pants. Love them. Might not be water proof but they dry super fast.

Back