Sitka Gear Investment

Well, after a long time thinking about it I have decided to bite the bullet and get some hi tech Sitka gear. I purchased the timberline pants, Jetstream jacket, core heavyweight bottom pyrite, core lightweight bottom pyrite, core heavyweight zip tee and a kelvin light hoody. Also picked up a beanie. All items in optifade open country except for the long johns. I’m pretty curious to see how this set up works out...

ntodwild

I love the Jetstream line and the Mountain line of jackets and vests. Gore Windstopper is an amazing product. I own vests and jackets in both lines and love them. I also own a Kelvin vest of which I think is a bit over rated and costly (not so impressed but eh, could just be me). I am also a big fan of Merino wool and believe in my heart of hearts and over 35years of hunting in every type of clothing, merino wool is BY FAR the best base layer hunting clothing regardless of season or climate and worth every penny you spend on it. Just my .02

WapitiBob

I bought my first Sitka 10 years ago and that stuff is still like new. Just bought a new jestream jacket and core hvy wt zip in sub A and the light wt and mid wt in Ground Forest.

406LIFE

welcome to the rabbit hole...

Clothing aside, I'd also tell you the guys over there take supporting conservation seriously. The gear isn't inexpensive, but they are doing some incredible work with your support.

elkhnter

You forgot gloves. The gloves are awesome. I was a sceptic, but took the leap a couple years ago. IMO, worth every penny. I hunt solo mainly, so I have to depend on every piece of my gear, like my life depends on it.

MNElkNut

My buddy after hunting with Sitka pants the first day, "It is like hunting in your pajamas!". So true. So comfy. Lasts forever.

ntodwild, I think the Kelvin vest might be my favorite piece of Sitka! Different conditions I am sure! I love mine for a cold MN whitetail hunt where it is less than 10 degrees out.

Losing_Sanity

welcome to the rabbit hole...

Clothing aside, I'd also tell you the guys over there take supporting conservation seriously. The gear isn't inexpensive, but they are doing some incredible work with your support.
I wouldn't mind getting some but, way too expensive for me. My son says I don't need it anyway because I never get out of the truck. I just tell him there is no need to get out of the truck because I've seen him shoot. He's a smart ass like his dad. :ROFLMAO: (y)

marshman

My buddy after hunting with Sitka pants the first day, "It is like hunting in your pajamas!". So true. So comfy. Lasts forever.

ntodwild, I think the Kelvin vest might be my favorite piece of Sitka! Different conditions I am sure! I love mine for a cold MN whitetail hunt where it is less than 10 degrees out.
The Kelvin hoody is great also particularly in Montana when it is 6 degrees out.

MNElkNut

I don't have the Kelvin Hoody. It was on my wish list. Then I won and Incinerator Jacket so I might not need the Kelvin Hoody. I wonder which one is warmer, Kelvin Hoody or Incinerator??