Sirui T025X

Ben Sellers

I’m fairly new to spot and stalk hunting being from the Southeast. I hunted Colorado last year in the 3rd rifle. I feel like I missed seeing a number of animals because we we glassing by hand using binos. This year I want to make sure that I’m not handicapping myself. I now have a Leupold 12-40 x 60 HD spotter. I also plan to use the tripod to mount my 10x50 bx-4s. I’m planning to hunt the Gunnison area during the 4th rifle season by day hunts.

I have a Sirui T25-X tripod and ball head for when I’m really concerned about weight. I’m wondering if I should get a larger and more sturdy tripod and pan head for really windy days or when I’m planning to be within a mile or two from the truck. Do you think I’ve gone too light for what I’m likely to experience or would the T025 be fine?

You’ll be fine with your Sirui. Pan-heads are nice but they can be heavy and cumbersome to pack. I have an ET-1204 and have used it in pretty high winds. Just sit down and only have the stout legs extended and there will be minimal vibration.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back