Sirui T-004SK VA-5 Fluid Head Aluminum Tripod Kit

adeldarvish

Hello All,

Finally, after reading multiple threads/posts, I have decided to go with the "Sirui T-004SK VA-5 Fluid Head Aluminum Tripod Kit" as my first tripod kit. It will be mainly used for my Vortex binos and then a spotting scope in the future. Before I pull the trigger on this, wanted to see if anyone here has anything to say about it and if they do, why?
Also if anyone here is aware of any discount code/rebate option or anything of that sort on a webpage that sells this product. I'd appreciate if you could share it here.
Thank you.

Picked up that same combo from GoHunt 2 seasons ago... It came highly recommended from their optics manager Cody Nelson. Very happy with it so far. I absolutely love the VA-5 head. I've considered upgrading to the carbon fiber legs to shave some weight but honestly its a pretty manageable as-is and have used it on numerous backpacking trips.

I would jump up to the carbon legs if you're going to put a spotter on it. Carbon carries vibration less than aluminum. The Va-5 head is excellent.
I have the Leupold SX-4 Pro Guide 20-60x85mm and it is a bit of a beast at 87 oz. and my old tripod (Vortex Summit) is nice, but too small/spindly to handle it.

I gather that tripod/head setup would handle a larger spotter just fine? I would rather carry a bit more overall weight with the spotter/tripod combo vs. a shaky, tippy setup that is lighter. Any other recommendations for a tripod/head combo?

I purchased the Sirui T-004SK VA-5 Fluid Head Aluminum Tripod combo from Cameraland a few months ago. The VA-5 head is very smooth and legs setup quickly and are stable for my 10x42 binos. I have also shot from a seated position with the tripod out to 400yards with a bag on too without much of issue.

No complaints here. I have owned my setup for a few years and use it for an Athlon 45 power spotting scope. In my personal opinion I think the tripod and head are the best bang for the buck when comparing performance, wight and quality.

I have the Leupold SX-4 Pro Guide 20-60x85mm and it is a bit of a beast at 87 oz. and my old tripod (Vortex Summit) is nice, but too small/spindly to handle it.

I gather that tripod/head setup would handle a larger spotter just fine? I would rather carry a bit more overall weight with the spotter/tripod combo vs. a shaky, tippy setup that is lighter. Any other recommendations for a tripod/head combo?
I would think the Va-5 head would handle it fine, you could jump up to a va-10. I'd call Cody at Gohunt and get his opinion.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back