• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

Simmons 44 Mag

Fatman

Any opinions on these. I have a 6.5-20x44 with target turrets 1/8" clicks coming real soon, I know they are not the best in the world but I figured for $135.00 I would give it a try. I would not dare ask about Simmons at H.I.S. but here I figure I am more likely to get an answer instead of an insult.

WDSWIFT

FATMAN, I HAD ONE, OPTICS WEREN'T BAD AT ALL. ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WITH IT WAS THAT CHANGED POINT OF IMPACT WITH MAGNIFICATION (ABOUT 4" WORTH AT 100YDS) FROM THE LOWEST TO THE HIGHEST SETTING.GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS.WD.

D

Delw

I have to admit it I own one ( i got it for 20 bucks brand new) its a 4-12. I finallly put it on a .223 that I gave my wife a few years ago. Acctually she found it under the bed,so i had no choice but to tell her it was hers.
anyway the scope is pretty damn good. I only have 1 tasco and about 20 leupolds. I was impressed. However I dont know how long it will hold up or how it will handle recoil.

Delw

Wolfer

I Have a simmons 44mag on my 06 that has been there a number of yrs and alot of Coyotes later its still there. When I went to a 22-250 I went to a simmons white tail classic. and it also works real well.

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

BbarC

Fatman, as a dealer, the 44 mag is the ONLY Simmons scope I will stock. I think it's about the toughest one they make. I don't have any problems with that model,and I sure can't say that about the other models.
Ol' Bob