Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

sika deer

skimerhorn

I'm considering entering in for a quota hunt in md for sika deer. Anybody on here ever kill one? It looks like a neat little animal, but I don't know anything about it. Are they even a little similar to whitetail? Was just hoping for some advice or anything anyone could tell me about them. All I know is they like the coastal wet areas, and a trophy is a 6 point.

I hunted them 20+ yrs. ago, but haven't made it back. Best advice I can give you is hunt the 1st. 3 hrs. in the morning and the last 3 before dark. If you are hunting the beginning of the season before the first frost, take something for the mesquitos, they are unbelievably bad. Try to find a small strip of ground between swampy areas and set up a stand. That's what worked for me. Definitely go, they are good eating. Jim.

Check out Marylandwhitetail.com . There's an entire forum dedicated to sika deer. I hunted them for 5 or 6 years and had a lot of chances but never connected. I hunted public land and the Blackwater refuge.

They are much smaller than whitetail deer.

I drew a late season hunt the only time I have ever applied on Accomack had a great time awesome area on the chesapeake bay. Only saw a few in closed area hince the late hunt and pressure. Lots of sign were I hunted but man it was unreal thick in there the only time I actually have gotten stuck in greenbriar and had to cut my way out with my knife I got so tangled! LOL I have been thinking of applying again if a guy could draw the rut hunt I would think it would be a blast.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back