Signed up for this fall!

Bowhuntrben

Filed my Colorado elk application for this fall! I will be going north of Grand Junction/Fruita for 4th season (assuming I draw, 3rd if I don't). I maybe should've waited to give them my money, but I couldn't resist! This will be my first time rifle hunting CO (have been there for archery twice), and I'm excited!
I plan to get there a few days before the season opens to do some scouting (wish I could do more than that) and maybe look for some mule deer to get some pictures of.
I don't know what to expect, but it will be fun getting out there no matter what I see.
Anybody else going to be hunting in this area?

Way to go - GOOD luck! Bull tag I assume?
>Fruita has some good wine going these days :)
*Expect awesomeness and splendor, and have a BLAST!

Awesome!
I worked in that area for the US Forest Service last summer, and may end up out there again this year.

I spent most of my time on the Grand Mesa, and some on the Uncompahgre Plateau. Awesome area. How far north of Junction are you going/ what forest?

p.s. I don't know what part of SE MN you are from but I hale from Owatonna

BBWheelgunner!

I am from Hastings. I do almost all of my hunting down by Houston and do a lot of fishing by Winona. I go to the Owatonna area once in a while to go to Cabelas :D

I will be hunting the northern part of GMU 30. I haven't totally decided on an area yet, but I am thinking I will start in the Demeree Wilderness Study Area. If that doesn't pan out, I might look in South Canyon or check out some of the areas along 139/Douglas Pass Rd. Other than South Canyon, those areas appear to be winter range for elk from the DOW maps. Of course, I have never been to Colorado that time of year, and road conditions could dictate more what I am able to do and where I can go. I really hope that I can find some good looking country in Demeree Wilderness Study Area where hopefully less people will be willing to travel to.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mallardman1911
Back