Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Side-by-Side Shotguns

I like to shoot everything, but by far I have shot more shotshells than all of the rifle and pistol shells that I've shot put together. I have 4 Pacific/Hornady 366 shotshell presses (one in each gauge) and 12 ga Bair single stage press on my loading bench and only have two metallic shell presses, a 450 Dillon and a Rockchucker.

Back when I was shooting registered Trap and Skeet I was shooting about 10k shotshells per year. Now I only shoot about half that. So that's somewhere around 250,000 to 300,000 shotshells that I've shot and I think that only one of those shotshells was shot through a side-by-side shotgun.

One year a bunch of us were out in eastern Montana hunting antelope and maybe some prairie grouse. One of the guys had a sxs 12 ga shotgun and asked if I'd like to take a shot with it. He handed me his gun, I picked up a piece of a cow pie, threw it in the air and smoked it with my first shot, thenI handed his gun back to him and I said "It shoots OK, I think that it would look good on the wall over your fireplace." 😁😁😁

Wh
I'm curious about the longevity as well. I bought my bobwhite to use as I suspect most cz owners do as well. Good or bad weather it goes out. Finer guns are often left in the cabinet so that may contribute to their longevity. I've shot my bobwhite quite a bit and it seems to be doing just fine. I think it's going to outlast me.
en you go back inside, clean and oil it!

I'm curious about the longevity as well. I bought my bobwhite to use as I suspect most cz owners do as well. Good or bad weather it goes out. Finer guns are often left in the cabinet so that may contribute to their longevity. I've shot my bobwhite quite a bit and it seems to be doing just fine. I think it's going to outlast me.

I think that's a pretty fair assesment, but also think that there are a ton of American doubles out there that saw pretty hard service and are still in top condition. Waterfowling used to be a large double gun affair, with 30-36" barrels. Those winters were harsher than the current ones, so they saw some pretty gnarly conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back