Shotgun shop montana

These are my thoughts, and mine alone. Opinions vary and many smart (and some not-so-smart) will disagree with me. I'll respect about 42% of those who disagree.

Budget-$250-$700:

Pump- Get a great used 870 Wingmaster. Someone will tell you to buy Benelli Nova. Don’t listen.

Auto- used Beretta 303

O/U Any Miroku manufactured shotgun you can find. Chas Daily, etc

Budget $800-$1500

Auto: Used Beretta 391, Remington 1100, 11-87 (Gas Operated)

Used Benelli Montefeltro, Super Black Eagle, (Inertia Driven)

O/U: Beretta 686 or Browning Citori

Budget $1500-$2500:

Auto: Beretta A400 is really the only thing to consider at this price point, I’d tell you to buy a Benelli Super Black Eagle, but you’ll need to double your budget, to buy a parts gun.

O/U: You can get some really nice Beretta and Browning O/U’s in this price point. You can’t go wrong either way. Find the one you shoot best or fits you best. If you go to a good club, a reputable instructor will be able to tell you how it fits.

Budget of $3000(+):

Call me.

870 Wingmaster.
The wingmaster of the past was a nice shotgun and one worthy of attention HOWEVER Remington neglected that history and every 870 made is the last 15-20 years is a POS rust magnet that will fail. I don't know how the new RemArms will handle that issue but I doubt they're going to put the $ into the 870 line to bring the wingmaster back to its glory.

The wingmaster of the past was a nice shotgun and one worthy of attention HOWEVER Remington neglected that history and every 870 made is the last 15-20 years is a POS rust magnet that will fail. I don't know how the new RemArms will handle that issue but I doubt they're going to put the $ into the 870 line to bring the wingmaster back to its glory.
And older Wingmasters in good condition aren’t easy to find. Mine lasted about 5 minutes after I posted it here.

Been a year and I still haven't pulled the trigger on a second shotgun. But, I started shooting some clays a month ago. It started with a hand thrower. Could not hit a thing but had a great time. Next day bought a spring loaded launcher. Still missed everything. Next time out it started to click. Oh my that's fun. I thought rifle was great. This is next level. Then we added a remote (50 foot parachord). Even more fun.

The v3 has worked great. But who can just have one gun? I shouldered silver pigeon. Felt too light. So now I'm on the hunt for a citori cxs or cx with a 30 inch barrel. You would think these things are everywhere. Nope.

Back