Yeti GOBOX Collection

Short ish 7m suppressed or something else?

The evo is what I am getting. Does 22” feel to long with the suppressor on it or some other reason you would have preferred 20”?
Maybe a little too long with the evo even though the evo is really short. When I rebarrel I’ll definitely go with 20” or less .

Browning stater making suppressor ready rifles. I wish they had these when I bought my browning.

B8E46C51-20E8-4A04-BE1B-17DB4AF6D5DF.png

I've had a couple barrels in the Bartlein #3 contour (heavy sporter) custom cut by bartlein so there was a shoulder on the end that specifically met my suppressor manufacturer's shoulder requirements. Which is .750" shoulder for TBAC. This is the exact same concept as the threaded Barrett fieldcraft. Bartlein charged me an additional 45 bucks for my last one.

I've also just used the $20 adapters and they work just fine, too.

View attachment 258373
copy of the description in my invoice from bartlein. I attached the same photo from above to my order.
View attachment 258374

This is the best option IMO. I know lots of folks use adapters without issue though.

Each company comes up with their own standards, using thread adapters can introduce concentricity issues but there's really no strength issue there. TBAC probably doesn't want the headache. If they offered an ASR type mounting system and made their own adapters I bet there wouldn't be an issue.
I'm not that familiar with the ASR system but is it different from the TBAC CB system? My 30 cal TBAC ultra 7 is currently mounted to a 1/2"x28 TBAC cb flash hider adapter. I also have the area 419 adapter system that allows you to use any of the common thread pitches with a TBAC CB can, so there are easy solutions there if you go the CB can route and not direct thread.

This is the best option IMO. I know lots of folks use adapters without issue though.

I'm not that familiar with the ASR system but is it different from the TBAC CB system? My 30 cal TBAC ultra 7 is currently mounted to a 1/2"x28 TBAC cb flash hider adapter. I also have the area 419 adapter system that allows you to use any of the common thread pitches with a TBAC CB can, so there are easy solutions there if you go the CB can route and not direct thread.
Same concept, but the ASR puts the taper on the distal side to keep the threads clean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back