Short ish 7m suppressed or something else?

My pops sent my brother into the house (mind you this was EONS ago back when we still had a dial up modem) to find out what size muffler bearings his 83? Dodge took. Craig was constantly asking questions and typically not listening to any answers..he was out of dads hair for about 4 hours and it was a double plus cuz nobody could call and interrupt him either 🙄

I've been down this road for a long time. Thread adapters for suppressors suck, a mount is always better from my experience. The top two guns here are Tikkas cut to 20" and threaded to 5/8-24 with a Sig/Q taper. The taper paired with a 90 degree shoulder adapter provides perfect alignment with any muzzle device. The triangle Remington XHR barrel and the super thin Savage barrel were also threaded this way. This is really the best way, and I can't figure out why its not the industry standard at this point. Its not expensive, you just ship off the barreled action to Morgan at Class 3 Machining, or ADCO and its handled.

I prefer a heavy profile CF barrel for my hunting rifles, but I also like to have any gun I own to be suppressed, so this is the best solution and works great.

Image 4.jpeg

Image (1).jpeg

TBA__80636.jpg

Id stick with what you have.
Make sure your intended suppressor doesn't have a minimum barrel length for 7rm. Chop it and thread it. Lots of people running 1/2 28p with magnum cartridges. If done right it will work.

Id stick with what you have.
Make sure your intended suppressor doesn't have a minimum barrel length for 7rm. Chop it and thread it. Lots of people running 1/2 28p with magnum cartridges. If done right it will work.
Good to know the 1/2x28 may not be a problem with a 7mag. 20” is the min length for 300 win mag for the evo.

I've been down this road for a long time. Thread adapters for suppressors suck, a mount is always better from my experience. The top two guns here are Tikkas cut to 20" and threaded to 5/8-24 with a Sig/Q taper. The taper paired with a 90 degree shoulder adapter provides perfect alignment with any muzzle device. The triangle Remington XHR barrel and the super thin Savage barrel were also threaded this way. This is really the best way, and I can't figure out why its not the industry standard at this point. Its not expensive, you just ship off the barreled action to Morgan at Class 3 Machining, or ADCO and its handled.

I prefer a heavy profile CF barrel for my hunting rifles, but I also like to have any gun I own to be suppressed, so this is the best solution and works great.

View attachment 257510

View attachment 257511

View attachment 257512

Curious what issues you’ve had with thread adapters? Currently running 4 of them without issues is the only reason I ask

View attachment 257510

View attachment 257511

View attachment 257512
Why do the thread adapters suck? Could either add that to the barrel “semi permanently” (gunsmith words) or just stick with smaller threads. I think there are some other adapters where you can do a muzzle break and the screw the silencer on that.

Curious what issues you’ve had with thread adapters? Currently running 4 of them without issues is the only reason I ask
What kind of adapters did you use? Semi permanent ones on the barrel or just an adapter specific to the suppressor?

Thread adapters are all of differing quality, and they still depend on a 90 degree shoulder for alignment. Hunting rifles typically have such thin barrels that you need a tiny thread to get a useful shoulder. I prefer to not tolerance stack with threads on threads with only a 90 degree shoulder and direct thread.

Why do the thread adapters suck? Could either add that to the barrel “semi permanently” (gunsmith words) or just stick with smaller threads. I think there are some other adapters where you can do a muzzle break and the screw the silencer on that.
Mostly tolerance stacking and relying on tiny shoulders.

Do you loctite those on? Also where did you get them?
I don’t lock tight them. I just put a little wrench on them to make them tighter than what I hand tight my suppressor. Silencer central is where I bought those

Reactions: CB1
If it were me I’d just buy/build a whole new rifle to go with the new can unless this isn’t your only rifle.

On a hunting rifle I like 16-20” barrels depending on caliber. Sadly my can isn’t rated for my 7mag.

Reactions: CB1
If it were me I’d just buy/build a whole new rifle to go with the new can unless this isn’t your only rifle.

On a hunting rifle I like 16-20” barrels depending on caliber. Sadly my can isn’t rated for my 7mag.
This isn’t my only rifle. Would like to build/buy a shorter barreled one in the near future. Trying not to go down that expensive rabbit hole just yet.

I've had a couple barrels in the Bartlein #3 contour (heavy sporter) custom cut by bartlein so there was a shoulder on the end that specifically met my suppressor manufacturer's shoulder requirements. Which is .750" shoulder for TBAC. This is the exact same concept as the threaded Barrett fieldcraft. Bartlein charged me an additional 45 bucks for my last one.

I've also just used the $20 adapters and they work just fine, too.

1672416656475.png
copy of the description in my invoice from bartlein. I attached the same photo from above to my order.
1672416945558.png

Last edited:
i cut my t3x to 22” with 5/8x24 and added my harvester evo . Kinda wish I went 20” though
The evo is what I am getting. Does 22” feel to long with the suppressor on it or some other reason you would have preferred 20”?

I've had a couple barrels in the Bartlein #3 contour (heavy sporter) custom cut by bartlein so there was a shoulder on the end that specifically met my suppressor manufacturer's shoulder requirements. Which is .750" shoulder for TBAC. This is the exact same concept as the threaded Barrett fieldcraft. Bartlein charged me an additional 45 bucks for my last one.

I've also just used the $20 adapters and they work just fine, too.

View attachment 258373
copy of the description in my invoice from bartlein. I attached the same photo from above to my order.
View attachment 258374
That’s very nice. I sent my tikka to Kampfeld customs and had it cut to 18”.

Back