Caribou Gear Tarp

Shooting stick's

Muledeer4me

I used these for the first time on my last hunt.
I have been using a bipod for year's and have been real happy with it.
But after using these shooting sticks,I think I will be taking them from now on.
The bipod is more stable,but I found the shooting sticks to be easy to use and stable enough to get a good rest while not having to worry about how tall the sage was when getting ready for a shot.
I have used both the sitting and prone size bipod,and another one called (The Snipod)

MD4ME, did you buy or make the ones you are using?

I had some that I made, and can't find them. I would like to purchase some if they are not too expensive. If you bought yours, how much were they?

Canoe,we bought our's.
I know one pair Steve got at the sport's show.
But I think he got mine at one of the store's around here.
Im thinking around $35-$40?
There's pertty nice with the shock cord's ,they fold and un-fold nice and quick.

Thanks, I am going to run by Sportsmans warehouse tonight and try to pick some up.

I stopped by and got some steady stix last night. they are really nice. Way better than the set that I made myself. i like how they break down. Thanks for the tip.

Kraven,

Yes, I made them out of wooden dowels about 3 feet long and 3/8" in diameter. I drilled a hole through both sticks about 4 inches from the one end and used a small machine bolt with some washers to fasten them together. Then I put some heat shrink tubing on them where the rifle rests, and some more on the other end (about 3 inches) to keep the legs from rattling together when I walked.

They worked just fine, but I seem to have lost them. I bought the commercial ones because I wanted to ba able to break them down to fit into my pack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back