shoot what you tree ???????

cathunt-mt

How many people know someone who shoots everything that they put in a tree. I know this hits on the "killing female lion" post
but. I bought a dog from a guy two years ago that said he would take me hunting to get me started, but what ever we treed we had to shoot. Needless to say I didn't go hunting with him, I was not that hard up for a lion.
What do you think?? Cathunt

I agree with ya Totally Jason!!!! I guess if I knew for a fact that lions had taken over and killing all the game in an area, I may consider selective killing of females, but it would have to be an obvious overlaod for me to take that step. I have just seen too many starving kittens, to feel good about killing ANY females in the future. I know people that used to hunt them for the bounty, and they killed every one they treed, but that was then and this is now. Totally different circumstances. I know lion hunters now that kill everything they tree, whether to keep their success rate up or whatever the reason, they are cutting their own throats around here. Some are already selling their dogs, after the discouragement of not finding something to chase last year!!! Most are weekenders, and not full timers!!!
frown.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads