Shirley Basin

@BuzzH that's exactly what my buddy saw. Blood all over the back and the eagle finally ran it to exhaustion.

I hunted Shirley the first time in 2017 and then got lucky and drew it in random last year. I absolutely love the area.

Attachments

• 20200111_121556.jpg
    20200111_121556.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 54056.jpeg
    54056.jpeg
    940.3 KB · Views: 39
We actually drove through , or along , about 4 different areas so I should clarify that buck may not be in area 47.
I did, however, see more of 47 than the other areas.

Anyone out here in the area, The Central Wyoming Machinegun and Cannon Shoot is going on this weekend. Some interesting rifles and pistols to shoot.
Full auto, baby !
View attachment 144864

Didn't see these in action though. Two , 12 pounders showed up as we left. Those brass beauties would be awesome to see fire.
View attachment 144865

Are those cannon balls recoverable?

Maybe, but they will be shot put to several hundred yds. They had exploding targets to shoot.

Do they roll along the ground after they've been launched or end up inside of some sort of hole? What are they made from?

They are bowling balls. The shoot is in a huge pasture with ridges for a backdrop. No idea how long it takes to reclaim and clean up the area. Lots of exploding targets and fire extinguishers to shoot. They had dynamite sticks on the far ridge , 800 yds if you could find them.
I bet the bowling balls embed pretty deep in that soil.

My best friends grandpa drew 47-1 this year. Lots of windmills sprouting up out there from what I hear.

The turbines are just north of MB and east side of the area. A new or expanded power line is also going up through south part of the basin.
Lots of truck traffic in those areas, watch out for the nacelles and blades trailering through the area.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back