Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Shipping Ammo

longtail55

Can somebody confirm for me if I can ship ammo through UPS without an FFL or any sort of certification, concealed carry, etc. ??
From what ive read online I can do this as long as its under 66lbs, etc and I do it in person at a UPS customer center and not a drop off or basic store but I tried to contact my local center and cannot reach a human being and then when I talked to a CS rep with UPS they could barely speak English and she told me I had to have certification to do this.....

You need to slap a bunch of ORM-D stickers on it and deliver in person to a UPS center. EDIT: UPS rules changed in Jan 2021 and they suggest the 4" hazardous materials sticker instead of the ORM-D. Better call your local shipping center to confirm...in my experience the shipping center's hours are short (4-6pm) and often unmanned until that time. A personal visit may be best

I believe (NOT CONFIRMED) that FedEX will schedule a pick up but again you'll need to confirm

Last edited:
You also have to use the "diamond/ORM-D" warning sticker they provide on their site in the required size, and have to obey the laws of the feds, the state you are sending from, and the state you are sending to. Alaska, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and DC are the most regulated states so you may want to check into this more deeply if one of those is your location/destination, but there may be others that I am not aware of.

Thanks guys. The UPS center is quite a ways a way for me so was trying to save some time. What's frustrating is you cant just call them locally.... and then when you do reach somebody there from the west coast and they don't have a clue.

I recently shipped under the "ground limited quantity" label per the guidance of UPS hazardous shipping department. I had to drop off at one of our 3 local service centers (I live in the Bay Area so we have a few). It was all pretty easy.

Just also read this the other day (was on the internet, had to be true right?😉)

ORM-D was a marking for mail or shipping in the United States. Packages bearing this mark contained hazardous material in a limited quantity that present a limited hazard during transportation, due to its form, quantity, and packaging. ORM-D was phased out by the US Department of Transportation on Jan. 1, 2021.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back