Sheepcamp Fire

ELKCHSR

Since it is starting to get close and I am more than ready to jump out and head to the fire world once again, I thought I would post a couple pics of one we were on last year.. :D
Fire_Sheep_camp_1_of_4.jpg
Fire_Sheep_camp_2_of_4.jpg
Fire_Sheep_camp_3_of_4.jpg
Fire_Sheep_camp_4_of_4.jpg

actually between White Sulfer Springs and Neihart if any one wants to look it up, there is a creek by this name on it and the game looks to be pretty good in this area. I found a bear track that was about four inches across, and the real cool thing was that there was little tiny bear tracks in every step...

There are places closer that I find have more game in it than this place that is closer. It is definatley on my list though to pass on for those that ask...

That is what I do also. I point people in the right direction to where I know there is game. Most of these places I have hunted, and hunted hard, but never scored. But I know others that religiously take nice animals out of these area every year. I always ended up getting my animals out of the same area, year after year, after year. Now I just stick to the one area.

I spent many years between 1965 and 1993 with the B.C. Forest Service and the Alberta Forest Service, as well as specialized private forestry consulting firms in various aspects of suppression. The pictures bring it all back, I wish I was 18 again and was just starting out......

Would you agree that a certain level of insanity is probably necessary to actually WANT to be a mountain fire fighter?

LOL kutenay !!
I would probably say so...
I had one of my teachers say that fire fighters were really different than most people.
Most people when confronted with a wall of fire will turn tail and run for their lives...
Wildland fire fighters will stand there watching it with their mouths open with unrestrained joy..
I have personally seen this, especially with the new kids, some will just want to flee, others you have to throw sticks at to get their attention back onto the situation...

I am starting to run out of pics, we didnt get real good fire pics last year because of the situations, but hopefully this year I can flood the board with them....

The cool thing was that I had just gone to the beer store, and was hunkerin down for a Saturday afternoon of yardwork. :rolleyes: The slurry bombers buzzing the house were da chit. :cool:
f8f9b01b.jpg

Dumpin. Da good news was it didn't burn anyone up, except for a bunch of Clintons monument. Y'all aint gunna see that anyway. It's just to keep the locals out.
soapbox.gif

f8f9b018.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back