Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sheep

Cameron Hunt

Hi all I have a question to you in Id. What do the regs state about possesion of a big horn sheep rack? Would there be something special that one would have to do to have one ifn a neighbor gave ya one? He said that it is registered in Id. And there is a metal pin of some sort in the horn.

Second, how hard would it be to have a "taxi" repair some damage to said rack? I think that it has a decent crack in the left horn and some of the ends were chewed on by those little bastards that have bushy tails and live in trees.... ;)

If the horns have been plugged, then it is indeed legal, and on file with Idaho F&G .
I would have the neighbor write a declaration stating that he gave you the horns with his signature and the date. I'd try to get his hunting license # and when he killed the ram too.
Keep this info in your gun safe or in another secure location.
I think you will be OK.
I have taken wolves, Grizzly, Kodiak, mountain lions etc... With these specially regulated animals it is important to keep all documentation for your protection.

Yes, you can have the Sheep rack if it's plugged.

As far as a Taxi repair it isn't hard at all, I even heard/seen guys "slip" the Rach forward and Add to the Base to make it more of a Curl. Cheating and Stupid in my book, YES. But it can be done with little or no detection by the 95% mass.

Thanks guys! I have it and need to catch up with you oscar when I get in town again so that you can maybe have your friend touch it up. Dont know if he does that though. The ends were a bit rough from the squirls. I need to take a few pics of it also. When he handed it to me I was shocked as to how heavy it was. I dont think I would want to walk around all my life sporting that weight. Thanks again !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back