Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sheep pics

Thanks guys, I am having fun with the hobby. To be honest, I found these guys in Yellowstone last weekend. I was looking for wolves, but they only ones I found were too far for good shots. The rams saved the day for me. Lots of people drove past without even noticing. perfect....I don't really like people:D

Those are beautiful pics. I don't know if you've already posted it but what's your camera setup/ what editing software do you use?
The body I am using is a Nikon D7000. Good camera, but definitely not top of the line. Glass on the other hand, I splurged after saving for quite some time. Nikon 500 f4. Only had it for about a month.

Beautiful photos.

For the beatings those melons give and take, they sure have purty faces.

The two bigger rams did butt a couple times, but I was too slow and too close. More of a "how you doin'" head butt.

What type of camera do you use? I been looking to finally get a good one just not really sure what to get and what other lenses with it.

D7000 w/ 500 f4. That being said. I have a D90 and a 70-300 4.5-5.6 that has taken some shots I am proud of.

Very nice photos! So, pintails next, and when can we expect the grouse photos? Any and all of them are always an inspiration to see. Thanks.

I am pumped for pintails this weekend and hope they are still around. They don't stick around long in big numbers. As for sage-grouse, one of my co-workers saw some displaying at 9 this morning (late). I need to get on them soon as well. Damn early from what I am accustomed to for them.

thanks for putting up with my pics...

Trumpeter from same trip.

16170191803_16fbc355a5_b.jpg

As close as I could get to the wolves (est. 800 yards). I missed the grizzly that was on the carcass before I finished my breakfast.

16789095582_5dc78da0bd_b.jpg

I know who to call if I ever need to count hairs on a bighorn... ;) How close are you to the animals to get that detail?

I know who to call if I ever need to count hairs on a bighorn... ;) How close are you to the animals to get that detail?

Rob, the head shots were probably 20 yards. Too close to get the entire melon in the frame in most cases.

Rob, the head shots were probably 20 yards. Too close to get the entire melon in the frame in most cases.

I think it makes a nicer crop when it can't fit the entire melon in the shot. One of the biggest things I dislike is when wildlife photographers simply frame the neck and head in the center of the photo and leave a margin around it. For some reason it's just not my favorite composition.

Jealous of the lens. Someday... Keep the pictures coming!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back