Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

SH 16 Extension , Bad for Idaho

Shit only 18 looks and no replys! This is a really bad deal for Deer and Elk winter range and nobody who hunts in Idaho gives a rats ass? Just goes to show all the Californians moving here and buying land for 10 times the cost are gonna make this a good place to be from! UNFUCKINGREAL!!!!! If Hunters don't step up and say something about this it's only going to triple in the next few years! Our property in Idaho has risin over 49% in the last year because of Dick Kempthornes bullshit tax breaks to businesses. All of Idaho is for sale and people from California are buying it as fast as they can. Please at least write to our congressmen and tell them we don't need this bullshit project to screw up more of our hunting areas!

Wapitislayer,

You have a battle on your hands trying to stop property prices from increasing or people wanting to move to places like Idaho and Montana...sad fact.

By the way, who put Kempthorne in charge of Idaho???????????

All those good Republicans...LMAO at Idaho for their choice...speaks volumes about the intelligence of your typical Idaho voter. What did you expect him to do? He's only acting like a true Republican...

I didn't vote for the prick! To Bad we don't have people like Frank Church or Cecil Andrus who actually cared about Wilderness and tried to preserve it! But regardsless this is a major issue and anyone living in Idaho should care a great deal and write to our Congressmen to stop this BS!!!! Is
WY getting sold to Calif like Idaho?

WS,

I agree...all states need another Frank Church or the like.

In the 5 years I've lived in Laramie, house prices have gone up an average of 11% per year...glad I bought 5 years ago. Population is up about 1k as well.

I dont think it will ever be like Idaho or Montana though.

Good luck with this issue.

We have been looking at aceres for 4 months in the SW Area. They were about 60,000 to 75,000 now you can't buy one for under 130,000 no septic, no well. If it's in a nice SUB yer looking at 230,000! Very sad all this money is coming in and none of them give a rats ass about preserving wilderness or anything to do with it! These people from Cali could care less about anything but making profits off land transitions! Idaho is in for a big surprise if the Sportsman don't pull their heads out of their ass and get together to stop the sell of our hunting grounds.

WS - I think getting opposition together by the Cities of Payette and Weiser is going to be easy. Others will follow. Not that we should be complacent about it, but that is how I see it. There have been attempts to get this stretch of new road approved for over 20 years from what I hear.

BTW, I am 'SledIdaho' on that discussion forum. I joined last Feb but have not been active on it.

edit:
Here is a link that provides information for submitting comments. Comment Deadline: August 16, 2005

http://www.indianvalleyalliance.org/takeaction/takeaction.html

The county I'm in supposedly increased 28% in the month of June. A realestate buddy told me 80% of home sales in our area are out of state cash outs. Lands are continually being locked up and subdivided. All the nice farmland is being turned into California style housing. I can understand people wanting a better life, but instead of improving the quality of life, the entire west is become California North or East. My home to my office used to be a 5-10 minute drive. Now it's at least 30 if not 45 minutes one way- all day long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back