MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sex this bear. Boar or sow?

I think that looks like a really big sow, but it's kind hard without seeing the way it moves. I saw a sow about that size once in the Welcome Creek Wilderness. I almost, by accident, wound up between her and her Cubs. That was unnerving.

I'm getting a sow vibe as well. More pear shaped, front shoulders appear to be smaller than hindquarters by a lot.

Also that's what @Greenhorn said

Then it doesn't matter. We aren't getting permission to kill bears anytime soon.

This is too bad, from what I've heard the FL bear population is pretty strong. My buddy who took these pictures says bears show up in the suburbs all the time.

This is too bad, from what I've heard the FL bear population is pretty strong. My buddy who took these pictures says bears show up in the suburbs all the time.

Strong, and protected by people that view them as big, cuddly, teddy bears. They had one season a few years back. They sold out of tags and then hit their quota in something like 36 - 48 hours when they estimated it would take over a week. Since then bear hunting got knocked off the books and isn't proposed in the near term.

Back