Caribou Gear

Selling furs

BbarC

Anyone sold any furs lately?? We sold several small and medium cats yesterday for $50 average. I sold one red fox for $1o and thought is should have brought lots more as he was very large. Coons were bringing $5-7. Gryes around $10.One friend sold 102 coons for $802.Not much but buys huntin gas. I saw one ringtail cat sell for $4. Coyotes about $15.Not really good prices but lots better than has been. Bob

So Ol Bob is a fur trader now too.
cool.gif

I'm still putting up Fur myself, but when i'm done, i'll be looking for a $45 min for my Coyotes, and i will NOT let em go for a dime less, they are Northwestern Heavy's and the put up is excellent, I will sell each and every one of my pelts to over 100 separate individuals over the internet before i will give my Fur away to the local or international buyers.

I've sold 5 green frozen pelts over the internet this year. Lowest price was $38.0 highest was $55.0.

way to go T Bone, if anyone has any ideas on how we can expand this trade, so as to increase our options and not be held ransom by the Market itself, I'm all ears!

I sold 119 jackrabbits today. I got $1.50 each for them. The $178 I got, payed for about half the gas I used getting them. But at least I got some return for all the fun I had getting them.

Troy are you pulling my leg? you actually skinned, stretched and dryed 119 jackrabbit hides, and i thought i had respect for renewable resources! didnt even know there was a market for wild jackrabbit fur, yer The Man Troy!

Blaine, no I just sold the whole carcass. There is a taxidermist here that has a contract for 5000 jack-a-lopes. They are for the tourist trade, not sure where they all go. But I'm sure many are sold here in the Black Hills.

I could have shot more, it was just off one area of the inlaws ranch. I thought I had better save some for another time. I was out there last weekend, we had some cold snowy weather move in. The some rabbits moved into the old equipment and vehicles by the house. There is a well over a hundred just there. I don't think I made too much of a dent in the jackrabbit population out there.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back