Selling Brass

I have probably 4400 rounds (38 pounds) of 9mm brass and I doubt I can get scrap price for it. There are people looking for brass that may pay more for your stuff. It sounds like the 308 is desirable, the 243 should be as well. The 44 mag and 357 mag are common enough someone may want them...

View attachment 170699View attachment 170700
Fired in a Glock?
In many places folks are standing in line before stores open in hopes of buying a box of factory 9mm. I would think it would be easy for you to sell that brass on gunbroker or eBay right now (or here) Especially if you asked a reasonable price.

I have probably 4400 rounds (38 pounds) of 9mm brass and I doubt I can get scrap price for it. There are people looking for brass that may pay more for your stuff. It sounds like the 308 is desirable, the 243 should be as well. The 44 mag and 357 mag are common enough someone may want them...

View attachment 170699View attachment 170700

Scrap price wouldn't get you much since it wold be dirty yellow brass. Some folks who are avid reloaders can even sell off their punched out spent primers for scrap.

It seems like most of you are reloaders. Thinking that someday I might choose to reload, I have kept all of my readily-accessible brass casings.

The pile is growing, and I don't plan to start reloading anytime soon, so I'm looking for avenues to sell my brass.

Would anybody here be interested? If not, I'm open to suggestions about what might be a good way to sell them.

I have not inventoried them, but I would estimate to have about 300 .308, 200 in .243, 200 .357 magnum, and perhaps 100 in .44 magnum. Not willing to part with any of the .338 Federal brass as my favorite round may not be long for this world (in commercial loadings anyway). This is all once-fired from new commercial ammo (Remington, Federal, etc.) Almost all of it is in the original boxes.
I am looking for 100 308, what head stamp do you have.

Scrap price wouldn't get you much since it wold be dirty yellow brass. Some folks who are avid reloaders can even sell off their punched out spent primers for scrap.
I have five 5 gallon buckets full of picked up range brass, everything from .22 rimfire to .300 Win mag. I've taken out what I can reload but now even those boxes have more cases than I can ever shoot.

Recently I met a fellow on another forum that some .300 Weatherby brass and was looking for .375 H&H brass. We worked out a trade, but the postage for me sending the .375 brass was $18, flat rate plus insurance. The postage on small quantities can be more than the cases are worth.

For some reason for the last few years I've been keeping my punched out spent primers, and I now have six 1 gallon milk jugs full of spent primers, a total of almost 100 pounds. Most are 209 shotshell primers, but they seem to add up quickly.

I think a trip to the recycle center might be profitable.

I have five 5 gallon buckets full of picked up range brass, everything from .22 rimfire to .300 Win mag. I've taken out what I can reload but now even those boxes have more cases than I can ever shoot.

Recently I met a fellow on another forum that some .300 Weatherby brass and was looking for .375 H&H brass. We worked out a trade, but the postage for me sending the .375 brass was $18, flat rate plus insurance. The postage on small quantities can be more than the cases are worth.

For some reason for the last few years I've been keeping my punched out spent primers, and I now have six 1 gallon milk jugs full of spent primers, a total of almost 100 pounds. Most are 209 shotshell primers, but they seem to add up quickly.

I think a trip to the recycle center might be profitable.
Here we have a scrap metal/salvage business. Unless you have something similar nearby most recycling places probably don't want that kind of scrap.

Fired in a Glock?
In many places folks are standing in line before stores open in hopes of buying a box of factory 9mm. I would think it would be easy for you to sell that brass on gunbroker or eBay right now (or here) Especially if you asked a reasonable price.
Are there any commercial reloaders in your area?

CubSlayer, I am located in SE MI and very interested in brass collection, brother recently aquired a .308 BAR and is building an AR-10 in same... brand new to this forum game so not certain of rules of engagement for info exchange etc...

Back