Sell me a new vacuum sealer

Nick87

I think I'm going to be in the market for a new sealer. I've had a cabelas commercial grade for probably about 8 years. It's been great up until last winter I can get by 60 or 70 seals or so then I have to replace the seal kit. Not wanting to go cabelas anymore unfortunately since they were bought out. I probably seal anywhere from 150 to 200 items a year if I had to guess. The chamber style are expensive but If there worth it I'd be all for it I just have no first hand experience..Thanks guys (and girls).

Just put mine away after doing my deer. Weston Profesional Advantage. Highly recommend it! Look online for item number 65-0501-W. I'm not sure about Webstarauntstore.com being good or not but they show them at $100. Think I ordered mine from Home Depot online and saved some money by signing up for emails. Thinking normally they would be 150 bucks or so? Works great for once in a while jobs.

My hunting partner has a LEM, it’s a piece of crap.

I have a Food Saver, and I like it well enough. It’s the second one I’ve purchased. It packs away nice and small, so it’s easy to hide in a garage cabinet while not in use. Draw back is it’s slow, one package at a time. Bags are available just about anywhere so that’s also a plus.

I think I'm going to be in the market for a new sealer. I've had a cabelas commercial grade for probably about 8 years. It's been great up until last winter I can get by 60 or 70 seals or so then I have to replace the seal kit. Not wanting to go cabelas anymore unfortunately since they were bought out. I probably seal anywhere from 150 to 200 items a year if I had to guess. The chamber style are expensive but If there worth it I'd be all for it I just have no first hand experience..Thanks guys (and girls).
We must have the same cabelas commercial because mine is still going strong for almost the same amount of time. I've recommended it to two people and it failed both of them in less than 2 years. Clearly management changes led to garbage quality now so I'm right with you on avoiding rhe repurchase.

My second cousin got a chamber last year. Loves it and produces meat shop quality seals. Too early to tell if it's actually worth it but I'm likely going that route if mine, wait when mine, finally fails me

We must have the same cabelas commercial because mine is still going strong for almost the same amount of time. I've recommended it to two people and it failed both of them in less than 2 years. Clearly management changes led to garbage quality now so I'm right with you on avoiding rhe repurchase.

My second cousin got a chamber last year. Loves it and produces meat shop quality seals. Too early to tell if it's actually worth it but I'm likely going that route if mine, wait when mine, finally fails me
Have any idea what brand your cousins is?

Buddy has a Avid Armor Model A420 and swears by it. He just bought his father in law one for Xmas as well and said they were 15-20% off right now.
I believe he paid around $300 (full price) when he bought it.

Mines a piece of crap (Foodsaver) and will likely be replaced in the near future as well.

Buddy has a Avid Armor Model A420 and swears by it. He just bought his father in law one for Xmas as well and said they were 15-20% off right now.
I believe he paid around $300 (full price) when he bought it.

Mines a piece of crap (Foodsaver) and will likely be replaced in the near future as well.
Gonna check that out Thanks @MarvB.

I have a Lem max vac 1000 i purchased last year and have really liked it. We process deer for people just the skinning and deboning and we have a customer who swears by his VEVOR chamber sealer. They are under $400. I ran food savers for years and got tired of replacing them or waiting for them to cool down when the sealing strip got too hot. Thats why i went with the LEM.

I'll be watching this thread. I noticed my foodsaver wasn't getting all the air out like it used to last week while processing. I've replaced the seals on it once because it wouldn't get a good enough vacuum to seal but this time around it just isn't getting all the air out.

i buy old italian made foodsavers on ebay, they work great, i use them alot. like hundreds atimes a year, whole beef and a pig plus however many big game comes my way

i buy old italian made foodsavers on ebay, they work great, i use them alot. like hundreds atimes a year, whole beef and a pig plus however many big game comes my way
Is there any certain vintage to look for? Is it the Tilia brand?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back