PEAX Equipment

Second deer this season

rhomas

Banned
Just an old dry nannie, but she was already in heat. Dropped her with a neck shot at 100 yards with the T/C Encore .308. My camera keeps killing the batteries, so the date and time is off, and I never know it till I download the damn pics!

Attachments

• IMAG0002.JPG
    IMAG0002.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 344
Just an old dry nannie, but she was already in heat. Dropped her with a neck shot at 100 yards with the T/C Encore .308. My camera keeps killing the batteries, so the date and time is off, and I never know it till I download the damn pics!

Congrats, on the doe. I did not know that your fawns are born in late April, or early may down there. Our deer won't be in heat for another 30 to 40 days.

I've come to the conclusion that once the bucks are in hard antlers, they start breeding and don't stop until the antlers are shed. A friend of mine works on a plantation, and a month ago was mowing a grassy area around a big pond. He had to stop the tractor and pick up a newborn fawn and move it to an area nearby that had already been cut. But, at the same time, we were seeing new fawns as early as March this year. I've got dozens of trail cam pictures from the early summer through yesterday that have pictures of fawns from bright red and spotted to already in winter brown and no spots, as well as, pictures of does with two and three different sized and colored fawns and yearlings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back