SE BMA land

You're better off deleting this thread if you ever plan on hunting it again after this year. Everyone that use the google machine will be looking at this.
access to this particular property is through a lottery

I’ve hunted plenty of tags with little to no scouting sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t. If you are expecting to shoot a good deer you might be disappointed but if you are expecting to shoot a deer you should be fine. Part of the hunt is figuring out a new area, too much of a hunt is focused on success.

How is it a lottery? Appears to me all you had to do was call FWP to get permission for the dates you chose. Never heard of a Block Management Area being a lottery basis….
if you read the block management hunting access guide, there are certain properties that seem to be more popular and access to the is given through a lottery. I'm looking at page 134 of the BMA access guide right now, under region 7, property number 416 Brewer Ranch, it states "reservations taken starting 8/23/2021, all reservations will be through a lottery"

if you read the block management hunting access guide, there are certain properties that seem to be more popular and access to the is given through a lottery. I'm looking at page 134 of the BMA access guide right now, under region 7, property number 416 Brewer Ranch, it states "reservations taken starting 8/23/2021, all reservations will be through a lottery"
You’re correct. Guess I learned something new today. Good luck with your hunt.

I took a look at the BMA. Looks good to me! I'll apply next year with my buddy. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction as I was having trouble picking one out to try to hunt. Hope you get a big one this year.

Back