Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

SD Deer Hunt 2018

If I knew what area/unit you were interested in, I could probably give a more detailed response but here's my 2 cents...

I've back packed in/out many times in other states but honestly, I wouldn't even consider it for SD. In my opinion, it's going to put you on a disadvantage (because those going going lite are going to blow right past you and you're going to have your heavy pack or a bunch of gear that's holding you down) & it's just not generally needed... I'd camp at a campground or on forest service ground if you really want camp (keep in mind mom and pop hotels are often pretty cheap this time of year). The Forest Service land you can camp on but most state or walk-in ground - don't believe you are allowed to setup a camp... Also keep in mind that going out a 'couple of days early' is a completely different hunt far as tags are concerned - you probably already know but just wanted to mention. So besides the rifle tag you'd be buying - you'll need to buy a non-resident archery tag in order to hunt early.

Check out a Kodiak Canvas tent in case the weather goes bad...Mr Buddy heater and you are prepared for about anything....trailhead camp

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back