SD Card reader for iPhone 5S

Smokepoler63

I was swapping out the memory cards on my trail cameras this past weekend and had a thought. Wouldn't it be nice if there was an SD card reader that plugged into my iPhone or connected with it via WiFi or blue tooth?

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any such device/adapter that would allow me to view my trail camera photos on my iPhone while in the field?

Thanks for any info! Smokepoler63

im not positive about iphones but I think most phones have a micro sd reader in them. You would just have to have micro sd cards with adapters in the trail cams. Or, you can get a cheap point and shoot camera that will read regular sd cards.

Get one of these. they work fine with iphones. Copy, delete, all that stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 291
WapitiBob, I picked one of these up at my local Walmart. Works better than expected. I can now view pics and video of multiple file formats, stream music, upload and download photos and video with my iPhone, and charge my phone! Thanks for the tip and recommendation! I can't wait to use it on Friday when I swap out my trail cam memory cards!

The unit linked above is an Ipad device and does NOT work with an Iphone.

AZ, the Dane-Elec unit I posted above creates it's own wifi signal that your iphone connects to. It also has an internal battery that can be used to charge your iphone. The Dane unit comes with a short usb/Dane cable for charging the unit and you will need to use one of your regular usb/lightning charge cables if you want to charge your iphone from it. I paid $14 delivered and it works slick.
The Dane unit also works with droids.

good deal. i'm going to have to order one. sounds pretty slick. might make those long, hot days sitting in a ground blind for coues deer go by a little better. thanks for the reply

Back