Scouting in the AM...

My cousin's husband is a BLM ranger for the Owhyee district. South east Oregon, right? IF you PM me I can try and hook the two of you up and see if he cant help ya out?? Up to you. He lives in Vale OR.

What do I need to PM you with ? I have a buddy that drew a tag. we';re looknig for a good spot to go. If there is some area he's willing to share thats a secret please PM me or if you have general information please post it. If I need to send Beer Bribes we'll do that Via PM because sometake offence to buying info here ;)

Seriously though, if you have any info, I'd love to talk to ya. It's the owyhee unit in Oregon on the idaho Border. The units no secret :)

For as many Stats as you know about everyone elses hutning spots you should be going on more hunts ;)

Well if you only concentrated along the river and resevoir your missing a good part of the unit, in the past 5 yrs I know of at least 2 bucks over 200 inchs taken in the unit and one pushing it, and neither of them came anywhere near the river, theres alot of unit west of there. These bucks were'nt by fluke either, all of them were pre-season scouted.

Looks like a great day. How would it be to have your own private airplane to scout.:D I guess the rich do live differently.;)

We don't have our own plane, Just hired someone. If i had that kind of Money I would be buying land owner tags :)

Gato, There have been some bucks spotted away from the Greenery. They are smart buck in that unit and can Hide in the Sage.... Amaising :D

Sounds like overall tags for the unit have been cut pretty drastically. That would help the quality I'm sure.

Some of the 4 points I saw in the unit were quite a distance from the river. There is a ton of country in that area to look over.

What do I need to PM you with ? I have a buddy that drew a tag. we';re looknig for a good spot to go. If there is some area he's willing to share thats a secret please PM me or if you have general information please post it. If I need to send Beer Bribes we'll do that Via PM because sometake offence to buying info here ;)

Seriously though, if you have any info, I'd love to talk to ya. It's the owyhee unit in Oregon on the idaho Border. The units no secret :)

No secrets but I would give him your or your buddies phone# and he could contact you. Thats the only reason I brought up the PM.

No worries, I psot my number all the time :) (208)571-1ELK is my Cell #. Real name is Oscar but most still call me Moosie. Office # is (208)466-4601. Buddies name is Warren. Him and me are Biz partners.

Been having alor of Emails asking what I paid. Our buddy is part of a Plane club and we paid $95/hr to use one of the nicer planes. He has his own and it would have been cheaper but it wasn't as nice as the one we went up in I guess. If you went with some pard's and split $95/hr 3 ways that wouldn't be bad at all $32/hr

Nice way to scout. I will get your #'s to him and hopefully he will be able to help you out. He has told me that there are times he go's out on a horse for 4-5 days to check things. He has been in the Owyhee unit for about 8 years now and he should know the area pretty well. Hope he can help, good luck, J

the offer is great, Hope it works out. HAve him call Warren at the office. We'll meet up and buy him a dinner or some Brewski's or whatever. MAybe we can return the Info favor some time !!

That would be great. I have been to Oregon elk hunting several times with no success. I am thinking of a DIY Idaho archery hunt for next year. As time gets closer I will hit up the people on here for some info as to where to go. It sucks living so far away, no time to scout or anything. Best of luck to you and your friends for this season!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back