Scored a new Browning

Found a new-in-the-box Xbolt Western Hunter in 7mm Rem Mag at an obscure Mom & Pop shop in San Antonio, TX. The Western Hunter was a limited production run for the 2018 SHOT Show, so finding a new one wasn't easy. Topped it with a Leupold VX3i 4.5-14 CDS, Side Focus, 30mm tube with Windplex scope. Nosler Trophy Grade 160g Accubonds seem to be the ticket, as it shot 3 groups of three each sub-MOA at 100y. Rifle and scope come in under 7lbs, even with a 26" barrel. Browning.Leupold.jpg

I have x-bolt only in .300WM Great gun topped with different scope but have the VX3i on my .270 and it shoots great. 3" group out to 500 yds. Enjoy your new set-up and good hunting!

How do you like the trigger? I have heard that's about the only complaint people have had with the X bolt.
It's not terrible. Not great. I've adjusted it down as light as it will go, so better than factory setting. For a hunting rifle it's adequate...crisp and no take up or over travel. I have a two-stage on one of my Weatherby's that I like a lot more. I have an older Browning A-bolt II that has a better trigger in my opinion. I'll likely keep this trigger since it's primary duty is hunting and not target or 1000 yard work.

It's not terrible. Not great. I've adjusted it down as light as it will go, so better than factory setting. For a hunting rifle it's adequate...crisp and no take up or over travel. I have a two-stage on one of my Weatherby's that I like a lot more. I have an older Browning A-bolt II that has a better trigger in my opinion. I'll likely keep this trigger since it's primary duty is hunting and not target or 1000 yard work.

Get a MCARBO trigger spring.

Found a new-in-the-box Xbolt Western Hunter in 7mm Rem Mag at an obscure Mom & Pop shop in San Antonio, TX. The Western Hunter was a limited production run for the 2018 SHOT Show, so finding a new one wasn't easy. Topped it with a Leupold VX3i 4.5-14 CDS, Side Focus, 30mm tube with Windplex scope. Nosler Trophy Grade 160g Accubonds seem to be the ticket, as it shot 3 groups of three each sub-MOA at 100y. Rifle and scope come in under 7lbs, even with a 26" barrel. View attachment 125210
Really nice setup! I found the same rifle in 300WM and want to mount it with the same scope. May I ask what height rings you used? Also, why do you prefer no picatinny rail? Just curious. I'm trying to figure out how high vs low I want to mount my Leupold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back