Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Scopes With Turrets...The In's and Outs.

I just used a permanent white paint from the Walmart hobby section. It will scratch off with my thumbnail if I want to change it. While I am verifying the marks at the range, I make the marks with a pencil.

These are the distance marks on the top of the turret on my .223. The dot is Zero at 100 yards, and the lines are 200, 300, and 430 yards.
sGljnqll.jpg
I'm stealing your idea man, hope you don't mind

You guys are actually counting clicks and not MOA or MILs? There’s no way I could keep that straight

Good advice so far. Zero stops are great and don’t get wrapped up in the mil vs moa stuff. It’s just a measurement. Pick whatever reticle you like the best and get matching turrets.
If I don’t have a turret cut for my load there’s no way I’m counting 43 clicks. Pass the moa please

Just because I shoot steel at those distances doesn’t mean I shoot at those distances while hunting.

Pinging steel at 1000 + yards is a kick in the pants.
And sometimes way easier than a hurried shot involving distance and some way to get an acceptable rest besides a reading of said distance. mtmuley

Swarovski Z5 3.5-18X44 BT with 4W crosshair is probably the simplest. The Ballistic Turret has zero stop and 4 colored knobs to individually set at what ever range you choose. The 4W crosshair has windage marks to allow for wind from either direction. I have a bunch of them and they work great.

Just set it and forget it…

5C3C92E0-7E19-493C-AC6B-66C92E41513D.jpegthumbnail_IMG_3228.jpg

Last edited:
Swarovski Z5 3.5-18X44 BT with 4W crosshair is probably the simplest. The Ballistic Turret has zero stop and 4 colored knobs to individually set at what ever range you choose. The 4W crosshair has windage marks to allow for wind from either direction. I have a bunch of them and they work great.

Just set it and forget it…

View attachment 212512View attachment 213233
Not to get off topic, but what's that gun/barrel/stock combo?

And back on topic, how far out do you feel the 18 power lets you effectively shoot?

Not to get off topic, but what's that gun/barrel/stock combo?

And back on topic, how far out do you feel the 18 power lets you effectively shoot?
That is a Cooper Varmint rifle in 204 Ruger (I believe 204, as I have 7 of those rifles with the Z5)

The 18 power will allow me to shoot as far as my varmint rifles are capable of shooting. I have them set for 100, 200, 300, and 400 yards. You can set them for any distance you want, I just choose those increments.

With the zero stop, you could drop the bottom one more spot by setting the stop at 100 and the pointer could then be 200 and the dots to 500 if you choose. The optics and repeatability is first quality and I have used them for most of my varmint rifles with a total of over 24 Swarovski Z5’s.

With the dots, the Swarovski scope can be set for any distance to any dot you want. They are not only 100 yard increments. The distance settings are unlimited as you can decide just where and how far you choose to sight each dot and then use it.

I do have a couple Z5 5-25X52, but I don’t believe they have any advantage over the 3.5-18, I just got a couple on sale and have used them too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back