Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Scope suggestions

Gynaroo

I recently won a 6mm arc, Stag Arms Covenant 15. I plan on using it mainly for Varmits/Coyote and occasionally a deer rifle for my small kids (maybe).

Anyways. I have never had an AR type rifle.

Anyone have suggestions on a set up they like or have tried?

Euro optics is having a promo on Tijicon right now. Buy a Reapr thermal and get a Tenmile scope for free. Honestly it's not a bad deal for $7-8k
What do you think of the tenmile? Have you personally used one? I have an opportunity to acquire one for a decent price but can’t decide

Euro optics is having a promo on Tijicon right now. Buy a Reapr thermal and get a Tenmile scope for free. Honestly it's not a bad deal for $7-8k
They also have some killer deals on ten mile and credo models in closeout. The illuminated credo would be a sweet coyote scope. I seriously considered one for my 7mag. The credo is down around $600, really good price for a high end scope.

What do you think of the tenmile? Have you personally used one? I have an opportunity to acquire one for a decent price but can’t decide
I have 3 and they are fantastic. Great glass, reliable tracking, RTZ, built like a tank.

You guys have a much bigger price range. I usually stick to Leupold scopes.
Oh, i wasn't serious at all on my post.
My most expensive by far scope is my Sightron SIII 10-50X60 LRTD at $750 used.
All my other scopes are for hunting & get used hard.
And most are under the $200 range.
Vortex Crossfire II, Burris Fullfield E1.

For an AR I would strongly suggest an LPVO for compactness and eye relief.....for the purposes you outlined I would suggest something in the 1-6 to the 1-10. Budget will dictate choice to some degree but you have options in Burris, Leupold, Vortex, Trijicon, Eotech and Kahles. Price range will be about $399 to 3k depending on your pockets.

Just put a 3x9 on my AR for son to hunt with and for coyotes. In hindsight, wish I would have went with a 1x5 or similar.

You can fit a larger objective scope on an AR without needing a taller mount. Otherwise it's the same kind of scope you may already have for a coyote/varmint rifle. People have different ideas and preferences.

I have an AR with a Burris MTAC 1-4x. It stays on 4x when my daughter kills deer with it. She likes 4x or 6x. A Burris RT-6 would have been a better choice, maybe. That's what I'd get now along that line.

My son was killing his, usually, with a 1.5-6x40 on a 6.5 Grendel AR. It was set on 1.5x or 4x, depending. He likes less magnification, but more is brighter. I recently put a Meopta MeoSport 3-15x50 on that gun. No blood on that scope yet.

The common factors with the scopes referenced are ease of getting behind them and an illuminated reticle that turns down very dim. I find the kids are not as able to make a shot in very low light without a red dot on there. "Skill issue!"

Also with small kids you don't want short eye relief. 3.5" minimum and 4" is better. The recoil of even a 223 can really move those skinny shoulders back.

Posted this previously but got deleted because I linked euro optic website, so my bad, didn’t know the rules.

The stag covenants aren’t compact ARs, they come with fixed stocks and even the magpul prs stock in some configs. With that config and 6 arc it screams more magnification and objective size than a LPVO IMO. Trijicon credo 3-9 would be a good option IMO without spending a ton.

A lot depends on how far you want to shoot and your budget. I’ll second @Wind Gypsy. I have the 3-9 Trijicon Accupower (the Credo is just the new version of the same scope with a different name) on an 18” barreled AR-10 and that scope does everything I need it to out to 500 yards.

I’ve been very happy with my Trijicon riflescopes.

Swap to an adjustable stock for kiddos, then. Rogers Super Stock is one. MFT Minimalist ain't bad if you heat it up and squeeze it down to fit tighter. There's a cheek rest available. You absolutely do need to go adjustable for length to share the gun with small children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back