Scope rings - xbolt -leupold vx5

btweedy

I am mounting a VX5 (thanks schmalts) to a browning X bolt. I plan on using the Talley one piece rings. Does anybody have any experience with this? Do I need medium or high rings? This is a VX5HD 3-15x44. The browning website says medium for anything less than 50 mm. However, I know that’s not always accurate.

JohnyRingo

I have that exact scope on my XBolt Stainless Stalker and use the low Talleys.

btweedy

I have that exact scope on my XBolt Stainless Stalker and use the low Talleys.
Well shoot, I already mounted the mids. I was curious if lows would have fit after I mounted the scope with the medium height and I saw a small space. I like to be low as possible but I find it hard to believe that 0.100" lower will make a huge difference. Or if it makes enough of a difference to throw another $60...

270WSM140g

I am mounting a VX5 (thanks schmalts) to a browning X bolt. I plan on using the Talley one piece rings. Does anybody have any experience with this? Do I need medium or high rings? This is a VX5HD 3-15x44. The browning website says medium for anything less than 50 mm. However, I know that’s not always accurate.
I just put medium 1pc Tallys on my Bergara with the exact scope.

I emailed Talley and they advised me on what to get. Optics planet HD them on sale for 35.00 I believe.

Kris