Caribou Gear Tarp

Scope Rings - Howa

TN2shot07

I know there are some Talley fans here so I’m hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. I have a Howa 25-06 with a VX5 2-10x42 and currently have it mounted on a rail. The rifle shoots great just don’t like how high it sits right now. Would this require a set of the extended rings and would it fit in a set of lows? I went to 3 shops and couldn’t find one that stocked them so I’ll have to order them, trying to get it right without eating extra shipping.
Thanks!
Josh

I had a set of low Talley lightweights (one piece) one my Howa with a Leupold 3-9x40. Worked quite well, and nice not to have a rail. Should work with a 42mm objective.

I have always had good luck with the Leupold PRW2 rings. I have the QR version now on the same scope and will be switching to the PRW2 in the near future on that as well.

Op have you tried the tally’s yet. I’m curious as to was size you get. I’m about to move my vx5 3-15x44 to howa 1500 and I’m wondering if mediums will be what I need

Op have you tried the tally’s yet. I’m curious as to was size you get. I’m about to move my vx5 3-15x44 to howa 1500 and I’m wondering if mediums will be what I need
I wasn’t able to find a set of the Talleys and ended up going with a set of Leupold dovetails with the reversible front base and medium rings

I searched Missoula for a set of Talley's for a Vanguard. None in town but was sold a set of Leupolds that were for a Rem 700 and was told they were okay to use. I called Leupold and they said "NO" they do not have the right contour and don't use them. Also use the dual dovetail not the rear adjustable mount for any thing 300 and above. So I returned them and called Talley. They sold me the correct mounts and sent them out that day. Had them in 3 days GREAT SERVICE!!!!
Call Talley and they will take your order and get them sent out right away. Should have them in 3 days.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I plan getting the talleys. Thanks again for the quick reply’s.

I had a Leuie 3x9x50 on my Howa 1500 in 7RM lows were high enough for it

Back