MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Scope Help

Schemy

I have a .243 Browning BLR (Lever Action) that I inherited when my dad passed. The current scope is outdated and lacking. Looking to upgrade the glass, but I really don't know where to start.

Any suggestions?

PM Schmaltz on this website, he will set you up. I have the same gun in 7mm08 and put a Leopold 3-9x40 on it and it works really well.

My recommendation would be a Leupold 2.5-8 VX3. It has nice clean lines to it and won't be overly sized on the gun. A primary consideration, though, should be what you intend to use the gun for. The 2.5-8 is fine for some deer hunting and maybe antelope at moderate ranges. But if you intend it for longer range varmint hunting (coyotes, etc.), then maybe something more along the lines of a 4-12 would be in order.

So, that all being said, whats your intended usage for the rifle?

It depends a lot on what you are going to do with it. Schmaltz will give you some good suggestions, since he deals in scopes. Average hunting would be at home with a 3x9, 3x10, 4x12 etc. A lot depends, also, upon how much money you want to spend.

Bushnell Elite, Leupold, weaver, Meopta, SWFA, can be had for varying prices and features.

Probably should have stated my intent for it. Most likely whitetail hunting and possibly pronghorn. I doubt I'll be doing much more than target shooting with it actually. Just want some better glass, as I can't see jack out of what is on it now.

For your intended uses I'd probably put a Leupold 6X36 on there with their LR reticle. Second choice would be a Leupold VX-2 2-7X36 with a duplex reticle. Next step down in price, I'd look very similar models in the same order from Weaver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back